Thursday, August 30, 2007

Yeah...it's HOT


It's been pretty toasty here for a while. Usually, it's not so bad as long as you stay inside, right? WRONG. I took a picture of our thermostat yesterday. Mind you, this is the temperature INSIDE our house. Outside, it was just a tad bit warmer. Do you see the needle? It's pointing well past 90 degrees. Delightful.


We have central heat but no central air. (cool air, that is) The AF very lovingly gave us this house with a monster swamp cooler (it is so ancient that it looks like it just got lifted from the swampy abyss) and it really doesn't work after it gets to be 75 degrees outside. After that, it just works like a heater. So we keep it off (we are super smart, right?). So, are you enjoying the end of summer? Pretty soon, we'll be crisp and cool. But for right now, Long Live the Shade!

9 comments:

tasha said...

Shaina, come over to my house! After 3 years in an older home like your's, I'm in HEAVEN over here in the new house in our AC! The Asay's finally got some AC!!!! Come over and hang out! We'll be praying for cooler temperatures! See you soon!

Jenni said...

SEriously, come over here too!!! You gotta get outta that heat!

sharon c... that's me said...

remmeber how hot it was at the reunion? i bet my house was at 90

Jen Sue Wild said...

You can always come to Alaska . It's way cool her a:) Actually the weather could not be more perfect. It's been in the mid 70's all summer. I love it!!!!

Queen of Chaos said...

Oh Shaina! Howmiserable!

It is pretty hot here in Phoenix. But it doesn't matter what the temputure is like outside if your INSIDE is nearly as hot!

Yesterday it hit 112 degrees. Even Warren who works outside in the heat -all day-everyday- had a hard day yesterday.

But boy am I SO thankful for our A/C! Our thermostat is set to 77 right now...but the price we pay from our pockets is pretty hefty to be this comfortable. Since we have the 2 story home...we have 2 A/C units! Both floors are set to 77. OUCH on the pocket book!

Warren and used to live in a home with only a swamp cooler. HERE IN PHOENIX...hello that was absolutely ridiculous! I hated the 2 summers we lived there and vowed to NEVER go back to swamp coolers again.

Hang in there! Hopefully the cooler wether hits your place earlier then here. We don't start cooling down to a comfortable tempurature until Halloween. :S

sharon c... that's me said...

ps- that thermostat is old school

sharon c... that's me said...

na there's no rule you can't comment on yourself-or the option wouldn't be available. i finished the books today-are you done yet? what did you think about the end of eclipse?

Elise said...

Love the blog. I guess now I have to start writing in mine.
Anyway, if you guys need to escape, you are always welcome over here. 90+ inside is just too much.

dippyrooroo said...

Okay Shaina, I'm in now! I've got a google account! I'm bookmarking your page so I can check it regularly! It's very cute, by the way!
Luv,
Tara