Friday, August 29, 2008

Mini Cyclists

The kids have been having a lot of fun riding their bikes in the afternoons. They are independent enough that I let them ride around the big circle that we live on all by themselves. The other day, I looked out the window to see that the boys had put on their old Halloween costumes and were riding around. Well, Keaton was riding around and Kolby was chasing after him with his make-shift sword yelling "Fight, fight! Captain Hook! I'll get you!!!"


I should mention that it was about a hundred degrees out. I can't believe Keaton lasted that long with his jacket and wig on.

Also, we finally got Georgie a little bike. She couldn't wait to get on it and join in with her siblings. She sees no danger in being on the road. I keep steering her to the sidewalk. She doesn't go very fast yet, and her little legs barely reach the pedals, but she is loving it.



We also celebrated Kolby's birthday this week. He is a whopping 5 years old now. He had a great day at school. I brought him cookies for his class, and he had two of his little friends come over for some cake and ice cream. Kolby got a T-ball set with a big soft bat and ball to hit around. Even though they are soft, he packs quite a punch when he hits, and he's very good. Watch out Little League!! He's ready for you. He also got a robot that lights up, some spiderman shoes, and a checkers set, which I'm going to teach him how to play this weekend.


12 comments:

Queen of Chaos said...

The boys in their costumes runiing around outside is so funny! I got a great giggle. :)

Keep going Georgie! You can do it...

A big happy birthday (((hug))) from Auntie Autumn, Kolby!!

BrittanyLane said...

So great. I love the costumes. Hilarious!

Sharon Carpenter said...

the costumes are my fave, georgie looks so big on that bike! she's growning way to fast, happy b-day kolby

Karen & Matt said...

Happy birthday Kolby! I just had to laugh and smile when I read saw that the boys were riding their bikes in their halloween costumes. Too cute! I can't believe Keaton even put that on in 100 degree weather! Well at least they had fun. Right?! Keep it up Georgie, she looks so cute on her bike. =)

dippyrooroo said...

I agree with the boys, there's no reason to save costumes for Halloween!
Happy birthday Kolby!

Ryan said...

happy birthday, Kolby--wish we could've eaten some of your cake and ice cream with you. I have no doubt you will be quite a ball player! This is Nicki but Ryan feels the same, I'm sure:)

Ande said...

Happy birthday to Kolby!!! I love the costumes. it's amazing how kids just play out in the heat. It is really hot here too. We had 110 yesterday. UG!!!

I'm Always Rite said...

I just adore your kids! :) Kolby and Keaton rock in their Peter Pan and Hook costumes... And on bikes no less! :)

Love the pic of all four on their bikes! :)

Happy birthday Kolby!!! :)

Lesli said...

What a wonderful moment to capture and cherish. It doesn't seem like that long ago my girls were doing those things too! Enjoy the moments - they grow up so fast!

Jen Sue Wild said...

What sweet pix!! Cant wait to see you scrap them!!

KJ-Starre said...

I love those costumes...! Having siblings has it's advantages....playmates on tap...it is so great they play so nicely together.I wish I could leave Maxi to play outside with the neighbours...but alas in SA with crime being so bad...they'd be stolen in a flash. Sad I know but true.
Happy Birthday Kolby...& a big hug from the Cape Town clan!!

Stacey said...

Those costumes are adorable! They all are so cute on their bikes. :)