Saturday, February 28, 2009

How to play "The Garbage Bag Game"

First off, get a big black garbage bag and fill it with crumpled newspaper. Then, get a bunch of dollar store "prizes" and wrap them up individually, using lots and lots of tape to make things more fun.

Put the garbage bag in the middle of the floor, and have all your party-animals sit in a circle around it. Get two sets of dice, two bandannas, and two pairs of gloves. The goal is to roll doubles, tie the blindfold on, put on the gloves, and reach into the bag to try to find and unwrap a present before another person rolls doubles and steals your gloves and blindfold. If you succeed, you get to keep the gift. Otherwise, it goes back in the bag and the next person has a go at it.
Sometimes a friend takes pity on you and helps you with your blindfold....

...only to have it taken away with the very next roll of the dice!

And then there are those that cheat, regarding the blindfold...

...and cheat some more!



It is so fun to watch, seeing people trip over each other to get the blindfold and gloves and have their turn at it, and when they finally get a gift unwrapped....

...some of them are just too funny. Marcia did a great job of modeling her "bling" teeth.

And Colleen got a pregnancy test...which was she must have forgotten to take with her, and Heath found on the floor this morning, to which he said "Uh..honey? What did you gals DO last night?"


Here's a shot of all of us holding our prizes. After this picture was taken, four more people showed up, and we moved on to music videos and other games...which I will make another post about, since this one is already too long. All in all, it was a really fun night. Thanks everyone, for coming!

16 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like you were a great party planner. I think I should plan a girl party. I've really been unsocial since I moved.

runningfan said...

Looking forward to the other post(s)...thanks for a fun night!

BrittanyLane said...

Wow! Looks like a hilarious rockin' time! You know how to throw a party...

kdaygirl said...

Neat cant wait to see all the other fun things that you did.

kendra said...

I was NOT cheating!! I was trying to get the gloves on. I thought we could look to put on the gloves. Dang. Sorry. But thanks for letting me keep my prize - way cute sunglasses!

I had a great night. Thanks for being the hostess with mostest. It was great! (and totally worth being tired today for!)

Colleen said...

It was such a fun night! Thanks for hosting, and all you did to make it all so great. And I'm not too tired today, even after my 3am bedtime! As for tomorrow...well, I am expecting to be a zombie!

Trinette McCrary said...

Thanks for a fun night. I had a blast!!! You are terrific.

Queen of Chaos said...

Fun game! I haven't heard of that one before. I'll keep it in mind for my boys' game night they're having with their friends in a couple weeks.

Great pics too.

Stacey said...

That looks like a lot of fun!

Maynards said...

That was the best girls night ever! I had a great time, as I am sure everyone did. I am looking forward to more posts.
Can I steal some pictures from that night for a post of my own? I didn't bring a camera.

I'm Always Rite said...

What fun! I just miss you so much Shaina. :]

Blackwell4 said...

that looks like such a good time! i had fun checking out your neat ideas! whered you come up with all the ideas for games?

Blackwell4 said...

that looks like such a good time! i had fun checking out your neat ideas! whered you come up with all the ideas for games?

Blackwell4 said...

that looks like such a good time! i had fun checking out your neat ideas! whered you come up with all the ideas for games?

Blackwell4 said...

that looks like such a good time! i had fun checking out your neat ideas! whered you come up with all the ideas for games?

Blackwell4 said...

that looks like such a good time! i had fun checking out your neat ideas! whered you come up with all the ideas for games?