Tuesday, February 10, 2009

These Hips Were Made For Dancing!

Saturday Night we had a great Church Activity for the adults in our Ward. It was themed "High School Reunion" and we even had people come dressed up in their Letterman jackets, pegged pants, and teased hair. We played a few social games, including Family Feud, where some of us battled against each other based on our answers to a fun High School questionnaire we filled out a month or so ago. This was Heath's team, nicknamed "The Gadiantons".
We also had a dance, where we danced to some of our favorite songs of yesteryear. I'm not sure what song we were dancing to when this picture was taken, but it looks like I'm doing the Paso Doble. Dancing with the Stars...here I come!

We enjoyed dancing to all the songs, including some swing dancing...

... as well as music from ABBA! Here are two of my Dancin' Queens with me. I was pointing to Heath, who wouldn't admit it, but wanted to join in as a Dancin' Queen too!

And finally, we got to dance to "Thriller!" Heath and I made up a quick routine to it before the party, and we led the group in style. It was a lot of fun. Notice in the picture, where Heath is looking. He just couldn't keep his eyes off my bum!

14 comments:

runningfan said...

Um, that didn't take long...how long have you had the pictures? An hour? Glad you had a good time.

Karen and Matt said...

glad you had fun. You are the dancing queen! Love the pictures. Also I have to say again I love your hair! It's so stinkin cute! =)

Sharon said...

you look hot, no wonder heath is lookin at that bootie!

Heath said...

I am looking at the bootie Shar because its a nice bootie and I can't remember the steps especially when looking at said bootie.

BrittanyLane said...

Lovin' your hair! Super cute!! Looks like fun...

kendra said...

looks like we really missed out on dancing. Dang. It sounds like everyone had a ton of fun.

I think the purse is SO cute! Good job! I made a scripture tote for Landon and used thick plastic mesh in the bottom because I knew the scriptures would be heavy. Would something like that help? Maybe it's too late now. Anyway it really does look cute and no one would notice it sagging at the bottom, especially if you walk fast!

Colleen said...

It was a fun night, especially the dancing. We will have to have a girls' night out sometime and go shake our groove things together again!

Xazmin said...

ha ha - too funny! You must have a young ward! Most of the folks in our ward would be in poodle skirts instead of pegged pants!

I love them though - wouldn't change a thing!

Rebecca said...

Our ward needs to have a fun party like that. I may need to suggest it.

ronee said...

i love your ward! too much fun! glad you had a great time..and looking as cute as ever girlie!
xoxo
ronee

courtney said...

Those parties sound like fun!

Us Weber's have the ability to really shake and cut some rug!

melissahurst99 said...

Isn't that so like a man? LOL!! You look so adorable and looks like you guys had a great time! I am still working on the outgoing part. I have never been good at it around people I don't know.

melissahurst99 said...

Isn't that so like a man? LOL!! You look so adorable and looks like you guys had a great time! I am still working on the outgoing part. I have never been good at it around people I don't know.

I'm Always Rite said...

What a groovy activity! I'm so jealous!