Friday, August 28, 2009

New Sewing Desk!


I couldn't stop thinking about Goodwill yesterday, so I deduced that there must be something there that I must have. So Georgie and I took a little trip over just before lunch. I walked right back to the furniture, and saw this amazing desk. It's scratched up and vintage in such a lovely way. I want to distress it a little bit more, too.

Anyway, I fell in love with it immediately, and two minutes after entering the store, it was purchased and being loaded up in my van. I didn't know where or what to do with it at first, but I soon realized that it would be a perfect sewing desk. Previously, I have been taking my sewing machine upstairs to sew at the my kitchen table. Now, this desk is in the unfinished basement, in my craft area, just waiting for me to sew something. Isn't it lovely?

15 comments:

courtney said...

Cool, it's even got a lot of nice drawers and everything!

runningfan said...

Hopefully after you come to my house you'll have some fun new fabric that will work for a project.

Jeff and Lori said...

Very nice!! Someday I would also like a sweet sewing desk, but I'd better start with finding a sewing machine! What a great find.

Chloe said...

I love it - it's the perfect sewing desk with all the drawers. And hte color is awesome!

Trinette McCrary said...

Okay- I about fell over when I read your post. I was thinking about Goodwill all day yesterday too. Teva and I finally went around 2:00 and guess what? I found nothing!! Weird! I really thought there was something there that I needed. We just ended up with a my little pony book for Teva. Love the desk.

Shavonne said...

I wondered what it looked like after reading your post on facebook. I think its' great, and a good thing you don't have to lug it up the stairs everytime you want to sew!

Me and My Girls said...

ohh how cute I love the color and I really like the top of the desk too. I also love how many drawers there are. It is perfect. I love goodwill

Dan and Katie said...

I love it! I am looking for a big chunky gaudy looking frame, since you have such good luck finding cool stuff at goodwill!

Nancy W said...

What a great find! hugs from Conroe, TX!

Megan said...

That's awesome! But I want to know the price of your new sewing desk from Goodwill. It's been years since I've ventured in there.

purejoy said...

cool! it's awesome!! and so many awesome drawers!! i'm sewing today, and it's so nice to have a real spot to do it in. mine is on a folding banquet table in my studio office. i'm finishing up some stuff today so i can put. it. away.

Ryan said...

That is a really cool desk. I like the red on top! Very cool. (this is Nicki:))

Colleen said...

That's a great desk! It will be so nice to not have to haul your sewing machine upstairs!

dippyrooroo said...

Love it!

Heather Carver said...

I totally have a desk just like that.... pretty much same color and everything! I use it for my sewing table! and the drawers are so useful sewing supplies and tools!