Thursday, July 15, 2010

This Week


This week Kamy and Keaton ordered new glasses.  It was a bit crazy, with 5 kids, trying to pick out two pairs of glasses each, stop Georgie from trying on all the glasses, keep a hungry and tired Kimble happy, manage turns on the itouch between Georgie and Kolby, and focus on the sales lady who really wanted to help us get out of there quickly.  Whew.  It's done.

Last weekend we took the kids to see Toy Story 3.  I absolutely love those movies.  It's a rare treat for my kids to go to the theater, so they enjoyed it immensely.

Georgie even paid for her own ticket, from some leftover birthday money from Grandma. She was so excited to hand over her five dollars.


Is it me, or is my husband super hot in this picture?

After Georgie got bathed, she put on her slip that barely covers her bum, and put on her helmet, then she played with her doll house until I sent her to bed.

Mr. Kimble has finally discovered his feet!!!  Go Kimble!
The red basket in the above picture holds many of Mr. Kimble's toys, so it travels around the house, providing entertainment to Kimble and anyone else that is playing with him.

Our days seem really busy, even though I don't have much to show for it.  Sometimes it's crazy how "on the go" we are during these summer days. I like to be home, but even at home, we seem so busy. Is it the same for you??

8 comments:

Sheri said...

LOL at your hot hubby. Do you really want women all over the nets saying your hubby is hot? (Okay maybe that's not such a bad thing I digress).

Kimble is such a cutie pie, I know I always say that but that baby is just too cute for words. Even my kids are enamored with him.

Julia said...

You have a wonderful family. Whew! Glasses! All three of our girls and my husband and I wore glasses. The girls graduated to contacts at some point. My husband and one daughter have had laser surgery now. I wish I could.
My favorite new discovery for babies is when they find their feet, especially when they put their toes in their mouth. I wish I could do that. Well, not really, but I wish I was that flexible.

Heidi said...

most days I feel like I barely sit down. We don't run much either because I like to stay home too. I usually save it all for one day. But I hear you!

p.s.. yes.. he's hot. lol

Shannon said...

You should get a SuperMom award for juggling the eyeglass store. Tasks like that with a large family are ALWAYS an adventure and a test in patience!

Renny's little things said...

Hot? All you boys are hot!!!
Isaac has found his toe friends too but it's winter here so they are mostly covered..as soon as bath time or nappy change there they are 'Hello feet'. Kimble has come so far in these last few weeks.
As for busy I only have two..don't know how you mangage 5.
take care and hugs from Aus
Geniene
ps. how does Kimble like his crib?

purejoy said...

summer was always so crazy. and is still crazy, even with college kids.
i used to long for the "controlled chaos" of the school year. it was crazy busy but at least i knew what to expect day to day.

as always, great photos.
love that georgie paid for her own movie.

and yes, your husband is hawt!

Enjoying Life One day @ a Time! said...

I know what you mean about being in a store with five kids. My kids are 17, 12, 8, 5 and 10 months old. It does seem that even if I don't go anywhere I'm still busy. I drink lots of coffee to keep me going. Kimble looks really happy playing with his feet. My kids laugh at the baby when he does that.

Colleen said...

Yummy looking recipes in the posts below! I love summer for it's busy but simple flow. I've been feeling like the days here are flying, but still full of relaxing. It's nice. The kids new glasses look great!