Monday, August 23, 2010

Taking Pictures

The kids started school last week, but were only in school for three days before they had "testing days" which just means that they get those two days off, minus an  hour or two where they go to the school to get their base level testing done for the year.

So, we had a few things going on that were picture-worthy.  First up, I caught all the kids watching a movie on the couch.  I love how they always group together so closely!


I think Keaton took this next picture when I was holding Kimble, and Georgie was playing with  him over my shoulder.

Kolby fell outside and scraped up his elbow.  After The Husband bandaged him up, Kamy improvised a sling for him.  He wore it proudly for the rest of the evening.


Georgie took these next two pictures when we were at the mall getting 10 dollar jeans at Old Navy. 


I had just bought this hat for four dollars, so Georgie had me put it on for the picture.

Here's a self portrait, of Mr. Kimble and I.


On Friday, I took three kids to the Sunflower Market, to get ingredients to make Salsa.  It's so easy to make!  Don't be intimidated.  Try it.  Now is the time to make a batch, when all the tomatoes are on sale!  Keaton is holding up a bag of tomatoes and a bag of peaches.  Yum.  Oh, and look who can sit in the front of the cart now??
Georgie took this next picture when I was canning the salsa.  I love  the apron I have on.  My sister-in-law made it for me a few years ago, and I wear it almost everyday.


Yesterday, Mr. Fox and Foxie came back to visit and play in our backyard.  It's been a few months since we've seen them.  In this picture, they are under the trees, nuzzling each other.  After the picture, Mr. Fox caught a squirrel and shared it with Foxie.  We were happy to see them again.

That's about all the pictures we took this weekend.

8 comments:

Jed and Kera said...

I'm impressed with Georgie's picture taking skills. I like the salsa picture! :O) Your children are adorable!

courtney said...

I need to make salsa...but I usually just wait for Sharon to tell me when she is doing it!

I like Mr. Fox and Foxie!

courtney said...

Oh, I made your zucchini bread recipe yesterday. We have a ton of zucchini's and so I made muffins too! Then I shredded more to store in the freezer for later use!

purejoy said...

i would like a little foxie and mrs. foxie action in our backyard! i'm sick of those dang squirrels eating all my bird food!! (well, it's not really my bird food… it's the birds' food)

canning salsa. i'm almost tempted to try it!

Julie said...

Glenn ate the entire jar of salsa in one sitting. He LOVED it! I better go get me some ingredients and give it a try!

Crafts by Claire said...

I love the picture of Kimble sleeping in his stroller. Ah babies! It is always so funny when Karl slumps over. He looks so uncomfortable to me, but he doesn't mind one bit.

I'm Always Rite said...

Love all the fun pix! Especially where you turned over the camera to the kids! I still need to make your salsa! I totally love that I know we're reading each others blogs at the same time because you've just left me a lovely comment on my just posted post! ;}

Valerie said...

I love this catch up post! I need to do this for the past year! LOL, I'll get there someday.