Sunday, June 26, 2011

Squirrel Hazzards

A few months ago, we had a squirrel who wanted to live in our attic.  He made himself cozy, munched on the insides of our house, and caused a nusance.  He cleverly avoided our live traps.  He always seemed to find access to the attic, even when we thought we had blocked all openings, and he would hang out on the exterier wall of our house, right in my doorway, and freak me out  when I left the house.  He was a bold one, that's for sure.

One day, we stopped seeing him.  We stopped hearing him have parties in our attic. We figured he had either died, or had found a better place to live.

On a different subject (or so I thought), I had misplaced Kimble's binkie clip a few weeks ago.  I couldn't find it anywhere, even though I had looked and looked. Very frustrating.  I don't like brinking out Kimble's binkie in public, unless he he has a clip, so it won't fall on the ground.  For this  reason, I started limiting how much Kimble had his binkie, and pretty much only gave it to him when he sleeps.  It worked out fine, but I still wondered where that clip went!

Fast forward to this week.  Kamy came in, from playing outside, and said "I found Kimble's binkie clip! It's in the top of the tree, hanging off some branches, and a squirrel is guarding it!"  Well, after convincing Kamy to climb the tree and get the clip (the squirrel ran off), we got the clip back.

It was dirty and full of germs, and the nipple of the binkie had been chewed away.


The clip got sanitized in the dishwasher. The binkie got thrown away. The squirrel lost his toy.  Don't feel sorry for the squirrel, though.  I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he steals something else to play with.

6 comments:

runningfan said...

That's hilarious!

Colleen said...

I guess that was the squirrel's revenge for you blocking off "his" attic! Yipes!

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

That is super funny. This weekend we went camping and I brought a tote with a lid for our food to be in. We went to the beach and when we came back I noticed that my tote had been pecked at or something...next day even more so, and I was thinking of dang what kind of animale is trying to get into my tote...yeah next day came back and saw the darn squirral working his little tail off trying to get into it. Check my blog later for pics...you will see.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh my - that is one aggressive squirrel. Just stumbled on your blog - was on my own and hit "Next Blog" and ours popped up! Love your family stories and I'm your newest follower. Your recipes look divine!

Maynards said...

Oh, that is too funny! Reminds me of our mouse invastion.

courtney said...

You need to name your squirrel theif!