I have a baby shower coming up this weekend, and so I sewed again, and it was nice to make something for leisure, instead of for work. I went through all my corduroy pieces that I use for my bibs, and found enough scraps to use for a patchwork baby quilt. I laid out a pattern and then sewed it all together.
Then I made bias tape out of some more corduroy. I love handmade bias tape; it doesn't take that long to make and it is so much better than store-bought bias tape.
However, as beautiful as that bias tape is, I still am a big fat failure at actually sewing it onto the blanket. I did it, and the top side looks pretty good, but the back side is a bit wonky. I'm the first to admit that although I can sew, I can not quilt. Maybe someday I'll improve. I hope. For now, I just pray that my friend can look past the errors in the quilt, and take it for what it is...something made and given in love.