Friday, January 25, 2013

Vinyl (Fitted) Tablecloth

This is the second time I've made a fitted vinyl tablecloth for our kitchen table.  The first one was red/white polkadot (I loved it), but the kids got adventurous with puncturing the tablecloth with fork prines and knife points.  I took it off months ago and threw it away.  Since then, I've wanted to make another one, but I just needed some vinyl. Plus, you just can't find fitted tablecloths for a 54x54 square table!


Today, I was browsing through a store and found some black/white damask for less than 3 dollars a yard.  So I bought 5 yards (which was more than I needed but I hate being short the fabric needed for a project).  I came home and within an hour or so, had a new tablecloth.  (I chose a red trim because I have lots of roosters in my kitchen)





It's fun!  I like it, and so does everyone else.  Oh, and you better bet that I threatened whoever might want to be 'puncture' happy with severe punishments if they played knives with my new tablecloth!

6 comments:

Jude said...

OK! Confession....... When I started reading this post my thoughts were... "You're not going to cover that lovely table?!!" But it looks lovely. And the red binding really sets it off. It's given me ideas for my table - it's seen better days and is always covered with a fabric tablecloth. Off to see what I can find in my local shop, I think. :-) Jude.x

Diana said...

How fantastic! You could sell those in your etsy shop and I would certainly buy one!

Sue5007 said...

Best vinyl tablecloth EVER!

courtney said...

OOh, I need to do that...how did you do it...My table is the same size as yours?

Rc said...

That last comment can u email me back on robyncolon@att.net plz

Rc said...

Do u have the instructions how to make fitted tablecloth? I have the same size table. I just bought a fitted tablecloth but it was way to big