Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Don't flip the switch!

Alright, so don't lie to me. Don't the hairs on the back of your neck prickle when you think about putting your hand down the garbage disposal? You are cleaning the kitchen like a good wife (any men read this?) and you hear the angry grumble of the garbage disposal, telling you that something besides food is in there. What do you do? The switch is off. It's perfectly safe. But how many of you dare reach your well manicured hand down into the depths of despair? And if you do, do you really trust that it will stay off or are you like me, and think that it will come alive, it's metal jaws chomping at your fleshy hand as soon as you cross the invisible line where smooth chrome sink meets crushing metal parts?

Well, I met that fate and I am here to tell you that I lived. I twinged the whole time, but my hand is safe and sound. My heart still beats a little wildly at the thought of my recklessness, but I am whole. That's what matters. Wanna see the culprit? Unfortunately, this little doll did not get the same justice as the disposal showed me. Poor little headless girl.

4 comments:

Queen of Chaos said...

I am laughing so hard! It's SO true...I am the SAME way. SCARED TO DEATH of that disposal turned OFF!

sharon c... that's me said...

the hand in the picture almost looks like its missing fingers...very frightening this is the kind of story that should be told around the campfire

Jenni said...

oh man, i cannot STAND to put my hand down the disposal...freaks me out! poor little dollie...too bad

Jen Sue Wild said...

sounds like we are all in the same vote . I don't think I know anyone who likes to put there hand down the dark and scarry disposal....