Sunday, August 26, 2007

I had a little turtle. His name was Tiny Tim

I put him in the duck pond, to see if he could swim.


Heath saw this little guy waddling along in the gutter yesterday. He looked hot and tired but just a little bit curious of me and my camera. I kept having to back away because, believe it or not, the myth about them being slow is, well, just that. A myth. This little guy has some speed!


It seemed like he wanted to be my little pet. I would have totally gone for that, except I knew where he belonged. There is a "duck pond" just a block or two from my house, and it's a fun and happy place for ducks and geese to live. Also, if you are lucky, you might just see a turtle. Up until a week or two ago, we have never seen turtles there, and we've lived here for three years!


So we were happy to see this little fella, but we knew that he needed to go back. So after all the kids got a chance to hold him, they all walked down to the duck pond to take him home. As soon as Heath put his little shell in the water, he took off! Holy cow that's one fast turtle!


3 comments:

Queen of Chaos said...

Oh, SO CUTE!!

sharon c... that's me said...

turtles and ducks and geese oh my!

Jen Sue Wild said...

How sweetthe kids look like they had fun...
I miss that duck pond...