Monday, August 20, 2007

Yummy Food

If you know me, you know I like to cook. I really enjoy expanding our daily menus by watching Food Network or getting new recipe books, or my favorite, getting recipes from my friends. So this recipe came from Erin Lincoln's blog over at Creating Keepsakes Message Board. She posted a recipe from Rachael Ray (30 minute meals) for Thai Lettuce Wraps.

As you also know, if you know me, I almost never stick to a recipe. I like to tweak things and add in my own style to the recipes. So from her recipe... tweaked to mine, here it is.

1 lb ground pork
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt and pepper
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups shredded cabbage/coleslaw mix
3 green onions, chopped
1/3 cup hoisin sauce (in the asian food aisle by the soy sauce)
A few glogs of soy sauce
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 cup cooked rice
1 head iceburg lettuce

Add oil to skillet and brown your meat. Toss in the ginger, garlic, bell pepper, salt and pepper. Stir for a few minutes. Add in the cabbage/slaw mix and green onions and basil. Stir-fry for another couple minutes. Add the hoisin sauce and soy sauce. Stir to combine. Add in your cooked rice. Wrap this yummy mixture into the leaf of your lettuce and enjoy! Super yummy. Let me know if you like it.

4 comments:

chloe said...

Yummmm, that looks good!

Jenni said...

This was so good!!! Thanks for the taste...gotta make this soon!

Megan said...

If you like to cook, you should check out Cook's Illustrated and America's Test Kitchen. They make some really yummy stuff and do all kinds of taste tests and equipment tests. We love them!

JOY said...

I've been looking for a good lettuce wrap recipe that wasn't too compicated! Can't wait to try this one! Thanks!