Sunday, September 9, 2007

Happy Happy Birthday

Today is two of my friends' birthdays. Happy birthday Jenni and Nicki! Love you both!





This month is full of birthdays for friends and family. Hopefully I can keep up with everyone

Yesterday we had some visitors to our home. My cousin, his wife, and two of their girls came over for a while. We really enjoyed having them in our home. They are some of the nicest people I have ever met. We made tacos together complete with all the fixin's and had key-lime pie for desert. We have plans to get together next month for a bike trip, and I CANNOT wait!



So here's a recipe for my key-lime pie. Please don't judge it by the picture. I forgot to take out the cool whip from the freezer, and so I tried to manipulate it into thawing faster. Um, it didn't work. I just succeeded in making a really flat, drippy, cream. So, word to the wise, take your cool whip out of the freezer!! You'll get better results. So here's the picture, and here's the recipe. It tastes better if you make it the day before you want to eat it. Enjoy!

This recipe makes 1 pie.

1 graham cracker pie crust.
4 egg yolks
zest of two limes
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup whipping cream
Cool-whip (thawed!)

Combine your egg yolks, lime juice and zest, condensed milk and whipping cream. Pour into your pie crust and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Let it rest on the counter for an hour and then refridgerate for at least 6 hours. When ready to serve, top with fluffy whip cream!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Thanks so much for the fun present!!! You're the best!!! That key lime pie is looking mighty yummy---you seriously have the funnest recipes! Love ya!

Ryan said...

Thank you for your thoughtful present. I had gone out and bought some placemats for myself for my b-day but they didn't look right and I was totally bummed. Then I got your message on my machine, found the gift in my door, and VIOLA!! You are a mind reader and a very thoughtful friend! I appreciate you so much!!

Ryan said...

And I'm making that pie this weekend! that looks AWESOME!!