Thursday, September 13, 2007

Salsa!

Here we are...Salsa Queens.
Again, Young is missing. She was sick so she didn't come. Heidi is also missing from the picture. She sliced her finger early in the day, and we shooed her away to the hospital to get glued back together.

We made seven batches of salsa. Believe me. It's a lot! We started around 9am and got done at 4pm. We had six of us working, and 16 kids running around having a blast. Here is our finished product. It almost filled my table. We had quart size jars, pint size jars, and half-pint size jars. Here's another view.

And here is our Protector of all things salsa. Tasha's little guy had fun playing dress-up.
Lastly, I sat down to rest after everyone left, and turned around to see what George was doing. She had gotten cozy on the table and found a little seat on my salsa.Now...I'm off to go eat.

5 comments:

sharon c... that's me said...

send me a jar, i need it. i kinda feel like dancing thinking about all that salsa

dippyrooroo said...

Holy Guacamole!

Queen of Chaos said...

Good job gals! It reminds me when I had my canning friends over. We canned all sorts of stuff. We had lots of fun. Boy were we pooped by the end of the day though!

sharon c... that's me said...

jayne's thunder thighs are like those stress balls, you can just squeeze them all day!

Ryan said...

Hey Miss Shaina,
That was quite a day and I must say that I'm still trying to recover! Thanks for getting us all together to do that--and my husband thanks you too. He's literally been drinking the salsa from the jar. . .The simple things:)--(This is Nicki)