Saturday, September 1, 2007

Want a bite?

Went to a party last night and this is what we brought. Looks good, doesn't it? They are called Orange Knots and this is how you make them.

15 Rhodes Dinner Rolls (thawed)
Zest of one orange
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted butter

Roll each roll between hands and tie in a loose knot. Dip in butter and then in the zest/sugar mixture.
Let rise for 30 minutes. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. (more time may be necessary depending on your oven)

After they are done cooking, brush with Citrus Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 TBSP melted butter
3 TBSP OJ concentrate
1/2 tsp vanilla.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

These are SO DANG GOOD!!! Love them! Thanks for the recipe girlie!

Jen Sue Wild said...

I can't wait to try them they look so yummy. I do miss all your yummy treats you make.

Queen of Chaos said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I will make them.

These orange knots remind me of the most divine cookies- actually they are one of my most favorite cookies EVER.! They are called Carrot Orange Cookies. I will have to look up the recipe for you and post it. They are worth the prep & bake time! I PROMISE!

Now u make me want to go make my cookies! hehe

Ryan said...

Dear Holly Homemaker,
How do you do it all!! I've got a bag of your cookie dough in my freezer and I'm sure they will never make it to my oven! I will eat them all. You are a wonderful cook, laundress, party planner, photographer, and friend! And did I mention the bodacious blog! So fun! This is not Ryan either.

Admirationally Yours,
Nicki

tasha said...

Thanks for the recipe! I finally got the recipe off your blog! Can't wait to make them! Now how 'bout those monkey rolls? Ashlin's been asking for them! Thanks!