Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Off to Hawaii

We have a flight that is leaving tomorrow, midday. So hopefully this will be my last post before we go! With Space A flights, you never know if you'll get on. We are crossing our fingers.

So I have to say, I got a little nervous today to leave my kids. I've never done it before, except for a few days, and it didn't seem so bad. My mom was watching the kids. They were too young to be in school, so it was a simple schedule.
Now, I have three kids with differing schedules and a baby (well, almost two. Not so baby anymore, right?). My mom was planning on coming down but she had to cancel because my dad had some health problems. I have wonderful friends who wouldn't let me cancel our plans for Hawaii. They are watching our kids, taking turns, and shuttling them back and forth between houses. It sounds chaotic, but we worked out a really good schedule. I think the kids will have a blast.
So thank you , my dear friends, who have become my family. You are making this trip possible. Love ya!

I'll be back in a week or so!

(as a side note, I didn't get the recipe books mailed out to you, Tara and Bethany. So sorry. Please forgive me. I'll do it when I get back.)

5 comments:

The Girls' Mom said...

I can forgive you, besides who can think of cookbooks when there is Hawaii to think of. Have fun and be safe.

Jenni said...

Have a blast!!! See ya in a week!

Elise said...

Have a blast! And enjoy your time alone with Heath!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Have lots of fun!!!!Can't wait to see the pix you take...

Ryan said...

I just have to add that it takes five of us to do the job that one of you, Shaina, do! You are pretty amazing and I hope you are having a blast!!!