Thursday, October 25, 2007

Plans

In one week, hopefully, Heath and I will be on a plane to Hawaii. One really cool thing about being stationed on this base in the Air Force, is that it regularly has flights to Hawaii. We get to go on one of those planes for free. It's called a hop. Pretty great, huh! Then we get to stay on another Air Force base in Hawaii, in one of their hotels, or Temporary Lodging Facility for a minimal fee. We are going to have a very thrifty vacation and we are so exited about it!

Heath and I have been married for 8 years, and this will be our first vacation together. In a month or two, we plan on going to Disneyland as a family, and that will be our first vacation as a family. Our past vacations, or "time off" from work, have been to go to weddings, or family reunions. We have never done a vacation. The kids have never been to Disneyland, and neither has Heath. I haven't been there since college, and a lot has changed in the Disney Kingdom since then.

So I've got a lot to do this next week, in planning the trip. I am making a ton of freezer meals for when we are gone, to feed the crew. I need to find a really good book to read on the 5 hour flight there and back. I need to make sure my house is sparkling clean and in order and things are ready for the kids. I need to get a power of attorney. I also need to know from everyone that has been to Hawaii any Must-See places or great things to do. So give me your best ideas.

6 comments:

dippyrooroo said...

Lucky!

Jen Sue Wild said...

I am so excited for you!!!

Elise said...

what island? I assumed Oahu. I haven't been there but have been to Maui. We used an awesome book, Maui Revealed, to plan our vacation and sightseeing. There is an Oahu version so get that and plan away. I am jealous of you. When are you going to Disneyland? I think we might go at the first of the year.

Jenni said...

oh, I'm SOOO jealous! You guys will have a blast!!!

The Girls' Mom said...

Soak some sun up for me!

Queen of Chaos said...

Have fun guys! :) Sounds like you two are well past due for an intimate vacation together. I would go crazy if Warren and I didn't 'go away' like we do! Once you two go and come back...I promise you will vow to go away more often. It really does make a difference and connects you as a couple.