Saturday, November 10, 2007

Home Sweet Home

We are so happy to be home! We arrived here at 2:30 am after a very long day of waiting at the airport, and a very long and cold flight. We don't think we will ever do Space A travel again just because it was so up-in-the-air. We wanted to come home Wednesday, and had to wait until Friday evening to catch a flight. But if we hadn't wanted to come home so badly, the Space A thing is a pretty cool thing. We didn't pay for a flight to and from Hawaii, and that was a HUGE savings.


I have to give credit to my AMAZING friends who watched our kids for us. Originally, my mom was going to come down and be with them, but my dad had some health problems, which made it impossible for my mom to leave him. We were going to cancel our trip, but our friends wouldn't let us. They watched over the kids and were so wonderful the entire time. So thank you, Amy, Nicki, Heidi, Tasha, and Carolann! I am forever indebted to you.




Now, time for some pictures.....


We spent a lot of time in the car. We really explored the island.







This picture was taken from the rim of Hanauma Bay, the best snorkeling place on the island.






Heath and I went up to the temple. It was beautiful. It was closed, so we couldn't go through.





After the temple, we went over to the Polynesian Culture Center and saw their amazing show. It was really really good. Here's a picture of Heath with the Samoan Fire Warrior. He did a rockin' good fire show for the finale.





When we stayed at the Hale Koa, this was the sunrise outside our balcony.





I have always wanted to go skydiving. I got my chance!




We hiked up Diamond Head, the volcanic crater on the island.





Here is a view from the top of the mountain after a windy trail up and about a million stairs!




If any of you are "LOST" fans (and if you aren't, you should be. It's the BEST show on TV), this is the waterfall where they film many scenes. We also hiked around this area where they film lots of other scenes. It was great.




We went to a water park. Some nice Australian folks took this picture for us.




I made lots of little videos of our trip as well. As soon as I figure how to put it all together and make a fun video collection, I will post it. Until then, enjoy the pictures!


8 comments:

sharon c... that's me said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! you went sky diving? cool, i think i would be too scared. it's a bummer it took you so long to come home, i'm glad you're back, i missed your blog

dippyrooroo said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time and are back safe and sound!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Great piX Shaina... Looks like you had a blast...
I bet your kids are glad to have you back.

Jenni said...

Oh, I'm so glad you guys had so much fun!! Love the pics---and skydiving??? OMG---you are BRAVE!

The Girls' Mom said...

I'm glad your back safe and sound especially on the ground. It looks like you had a wonderful time. That is so cool you got to see the LOST stuff! I'm glad you two had such a nice vacation together.

Queen of Chaos said...

Cool trip!

I bet your little ones are happy to have mommy and daddy home too. What awesome friends you have to help out. :)

Welcome home, Shaina.

Elise said...

I am so jealous of your vacation. Don't think I would be brave enough for skydiving. Go girl!!

Samantha said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! This is the first time I visit yours as well :) It looks like you had an awesome time in Hawaii!! That picture of you and your hubby at the water part is great. You rarely get shots like that! I look forward to reading your blog more often!!