Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gift Bags

There is just something special about homemade gifts. I don't care what your income; they are so great to give and to receive. Even if you buy your gifts, you can still personalize them by making gift bags. A friend of mine gave me a gift a few years ago, and it was wrapped in a cloth bag and tied with a ribbon. I thought it was a neat idea. I told my sister, and the next year, she made gift bags for all of our siblings as a gift. She gave me 15 or so bags, of varying sizes. Super cute. So every year, all of our presents under the tree are wrapped in our cloth gift bags. They look great and best of all, they are reusable!! Last year, I knew I needed more cloth bags, so after Christmas, when all the Christmas material was 80% off, I grabbed as much as I could. This is what I bought.





So before I made some more bags for me, I made a few to give away. I made some bath salts for the girls I work with. I put the bath salts in a clear plastic gift bag, twist-tied it shut, then put a bracelet that I made around the top.



Then I used some Toile to tie it closed. Rather pretty, I think!

I made these gift bags for our family in all sizes. Small enough to hold a little figurine, to big enough to hold a computer monitor. They work for all of our Christmas presents every year. I simply tie them closed with a ribbon and we are all set. I don't have kids that peek at presents, so this works well for us.

6 comments:

shavs99 said...

I didn't think anyone used them! Ask the others, if they still have them and don't use them maybe they'll give them to you. Yay! That made it all worth it. :)

Jenni said...

that is adorable Shaina! What great presentation!!! =)

The Girls' Mom said...

Love the idea! I love your fabric choices as well.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Vey cute ..
I had a dream last night that we lived by each other again and when I woke up I was sadden when I relized it was just a dream...

shaina said...

awe, jennifer!!

Bizzy Bee Creations said...

Cute idea!! This is one sewing craft that I might be able to do :) Thanks for sharing!