Monday, December 3, 2007

It's a MAJOR Award!

I think this is one of my favorite gifts ever. My sister got this for me last year. We all loved to watch The Christmas Story together. I think the movie is so funny, but now, when I watch it, I realize how much bad language is in the movie! For that reason, my kids don't watch it. However, I've still got this lamp to keep the memories alive!

True story: When we got the lamp, and pulled "her" out of the packaging, we set her on the table. Instantly my son runs his hands up the nylon leg and says "Mom, is this going in MY room?" He was not even 4 years old, and he said that. So funny. I slapped his hand and said "No!"

So here she sits, next to the computer. We use to keep her next to a window, so she can shine her light for everyone to see, but there isn't an appropriate window do display her glory in our new house. When people come over, they usually reply to my husband: "I can't believe your wife lets you have that lamp!" Then I reply, much to their astonishment: "Oh, it's MY lamp! Not his!" It's my major award! I have to say, it really gets the best reaction when the missionaries come over!

8 comments:

sharon c... that's me said...

hahahha, i love it. fragile... must be french!

Jen Sue Wild said...

I love it !!! So fun.. Do you keep it up all year or just at Christmas?

shaina said...

All year baby!

Karen & Matt said...

I remember you telling me about that lamp. Was it really in your old house? I don't remember, but I think it's hilarious and way awesome that your the one that has it out and not Heath! You go girl!!!

April said...

You'll shot your eye out! I love that movie! It's not Christmas until I've seen it. Love the lamp always have could you ask your sister where she got it I want to get one for my brother! Talk to you later

kdaygirl said...

We bought the lamp on ebay last year, I would wait till after Christmas because they are more durning. Christmas Story rocks!

Ajoy said...

We have this ornament on out tree- :) We also bought one for Dad for Christmas this year. We also bought Dad a 12 inch plastic doll of Ralphie holding his rifle. At a push of a button on the back you hear like 6 different sayings he says in the movie...including "Oh Fuuuuuuuuuudge" It's so cool!

Christmas ain't Christmas without watchinghtis movie. ;)

Queen of Chaos said...

We have this ornament on out tree- :) We also bought one for Dad for Christmas this year. We also bought Dad a 12 inch plastic doll of Ralphie holding his rifle. At a push of a button on the back you hear like 6 different sayings he says in the movie...including "Oh Fuuuuuuuuuudge" It's so cool!

Christmas ain't Christmas without watchinghtis movie. ;)