Saturday, December 22, 2007

Pumpkin Roll

Have any cans of Pumpkin leftover? Make this yummy dessert. I think I'm going to make it again for Christmas Eve dinner.

Pumpkin Roll

6 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 ½ cup flour
1 1/3 cup pumpkin
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp ginger
2 Tbsp cinnamon


Beat eggs. Add sugar. Add remaining ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Bake on large cookie sheet with parchment paper at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, sprinkle dishcloth with powdered sugar, place dishcloth on cake and roll like a cinnamon roll. Place in fridge to cool. Best if made the night before.

Frosting

2 cups powdered sugar
4 Tbsp butter
8 oz cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla
¾ cup nuts

Beat together sugar, butter, and cream cheese. Unroll cake and remove dishcloth. Spread ½ frosting and ½ nuts inside; roll up again. Spread top with frosting and sprinkle with nuts.
Enjoy.

3 comments:

Karen & Matt said...

Oh Shaina, it looks so good! I've got sugar shock, or sugar brain freeze if that makes sense?!?

The Girls' Mom said...

Looks delicious! I love pumpkin roll!

Queen of Chaos said...

I make this every Thanksgiving. It's so, so, so yummy and the highlight dessert for many of my family and friends...including me. :)

Did I forget to mention it is so YUMMMMMY!