Saturday, December 8, 2007

Recent Happenings

Well, we've had a busy few days. First, Kamy had a field trip on Friday with her school class and they got to go see The Nutcracker at a local theatre. They were told to dress up, because it was a special occasion to go the the theatre. This is Kamy, on her way out the door:



She was so excited. When she got home, I asked her how her day went, and she yelled "Great! It was awesome! We saw ballerinas and everything!" She then spent the next little bit drawing pictures. Later, when I was cleaning the house, I found her drawings. Here are a few:





I'm glad she had a fun time.



Friday night we celebrated George's 2nd birthday. (If you are a new reader to my blog, her real name is Kennedy. But everyone calls her George) I found this recipe for Jelly Doughnut Cupcakes at this really neat food blog so I thought I'd make them for her birthday, since none of my kids really eat cake. Here's how they turned out. Super yummy, by the way.








Oh, and those cupcake holders are made of some sort of silicone material. They do not require the use of a cupcake pan. They maintain their shape, cook to perfection, and cleanup is a breeze. So look for them when you are in the store. I think these were from Walmart, left over from breast cancer month (for the color pink) and the best part is you can reuse them forever. No more buying stupid liners!




George got a baby stroller, a play piano, and a pretty dress for her birthday. Her favorite? The stroller! We knew it would be a hit. She even tried to sleep with it last night. And the most amazing part about her birthday...I didn't cry this year.





Oh, I almost forgot! Our classic Family Birthday Picture. (don't judge! It was a long day for me!)

5 comments:

The Girls' Mom said...

I love your cake. It is very cute and perfect for a birthday party with lots of kiddies.

sharon c... that's me said...

oh georgie! she's getting so big. i love the cupcake idea, i think i wanna make them.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy.. Auntie Jenny loves you ..
She sent you some bling you should get it soon..

Karen & Matt said...

I love kamys drawings! Happy Birthday george!!! What a cute idea for a birthday cake. I totally love it!!!

the inarut gang said...

Loved the classic family picture; only you would allow it to be taken at the end of your day! No judging from here...you all looked great!