Monday, January 14, 2008

Breadsticks

Here's a great recipe that makes the best breadsticks.

1 1/2 cups hot water
2 TBSP sugar
1 TBSP yeast.

Let that dissolve for about 5 minutes.

Mix in 1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour.

Knead the dough, adding more flour to make in workable, and roll out about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into slices and place side by side on your greased sheet pan. Melt 1/2 stick of butter and pour evenly over the bread . Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and onion salt. Bake at 375 for about 17 minutes.

This is also the recipe I used to make pizza dough, as well as cinnamon rolls. It makes pretty good pizza, but it tastes the best when used as a breadstick recipe. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

Looks yummy... I will have to try...

dippyrooroo said...

You're bread sticks are the best! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I'm always so afraid of yeast recipes, it's good to have a tried and true one!

Jenni said...

YUM!!! DId I ever tell you that I made your Orange knot recipe for Christmas morning? I made about 60 of them...and I just did rolls, not knots...too much work. ANyhow, they were the hit of the morning..after all the presents of course. Great recipe!