Thursday, January 31, 2008

Leaving Friends

Today, one of my best friends will be moving. Next week, another moves. Then the week after that, we leave. I'll have to say goodbye to ALL my friends. That is going to be tough. For my two friends that are leaving before me, I made them a little gift. I had these tab chipboard books held together with rings, and thought they would make a cute recipe book. I initially planned on this being my recipe book when I had bought them, but soon realized I just have toooooooo many recipes to fit. So I made little going away gifts instead. I think they turned out cute.









Last night, Heath and I and three other couples went out together. We went to the Oakland Temple, and then out to eat at the International Food Court. Here's a picture of us being goofy in the car. We all rode together, so that was fun. Then there is a picture of us at the temple.







Nicki, the girl I'm holding hands with, is leaving today. Sad day. Tasha, the one in the jean skirt, leaves next. Then me. Heidi, the short one :) will be left behind along with all my other friends. That is going to be tough, to say goodbye.

9 comments:

BrittanyLane said...

Your projects are so artsy and creative! Lucky friends you have. I have to say I'm envious of the skirts and sandals. It's really cold and blizzardy outside right now.

The Girls' Mom said...

oh the sad life of a military family. I feel for you. Although think of all the adventures you get to have. speaking of adventures... one word.. LOST.
Im giddy with excitement.

kdaygirl said...

The friends that we make when we are young are the friends that we will have for a lifetime to come. Remeber mom and dad and how they always talked about the Prichards?Friends they made in the military. They even came to stay with us one time. Our friends the Hayes' and the Ellicos we still see even though we are far apart. Getting together to remember old times is great. Its hard now but it gets better, I promise. Hang in there Sis...Love u

I'm Always Rite said...

I miss you all so much, and now you won't even be in one place for me to think of you at and/or come back to. :\ My love goes with you all wherever you go and I hope our lives will cross again soon!

sharon c... that's me said...

na you're so talented, it is hard to leave friends!but you can still stay close! just don't forget about them

Jen Sue Wild said...

I love the recipe books.
I got so sad when I read your post it takes me back to how hard it was to leave Travis not because of my beautiful town house but because it was my beautiful home with all my friends who turned in to my family.
Then seeing the pic of the beautiful Oakland Temple where I was sealed to my eternal sweetheart and had so many spiritual experience.

I miss you and your sweet family so much. It's too much to think that you would move to lovely cold Alaska so I am hoping you will move to Utah then When I go see Berni Jo I can see you too.
Love ya Jenn
Ps. give Gorge an extra squeeze for me I really miss her ..

sharon c... that's me said...

ps- i just remembered you were telling me a couple of weeks ago about these recipe books, and they are totally great

Karen & Matt said...

Great Recipe books. They are really cute! Moving totally stinks, I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to get to know you. I hope that you will be able to stay in touch and get to see everyone again. I love the pictures of you guys infront of the temple. How neat to be able to go spend your last time together at the temple. Stay stron, you will make it through it. =)

Queen of Chaos said...

I hate leaving friends! Being int he military when I was young put a strain on us kids because we moved every 3-4 years. I always swore I'd not marry a military guy for this reason. But I'm glad you guys had the opportunity to meet them and have so much fun while your even though your stay was short.

I have frineds I still stay in contact with from: Before I ever started school- From 7th grade- From high school-From college- From Spoakne when we lived there- From Tempe, and from a couple other wards we've lived in.

Friends are Forever! I feel your sadness in leaving them behind...but as one of my friends told me once {Phena}- Where ever you move to you will find friends who are like you. :)