Saturday, January 12, 2008

Scrapbook Fun

I've realized that for being a scrapbooker, I really don't have very many pages of my scrapbooking on my blog. Since starting this blog, we've been kicked out of our house, moved to a temporary one, then moved again. We've gone to Hawaii, gone to Disneyland, had Holidays, and now we are moving again in a few weeks. It's no wonder that I haven't had the chance to scrapbook a whole lot! So I'm going to show you some pictures of what I did last summer. I really love it. Scrapbooking is all about having fun while preserving cherished memories. I have a whole lot of fun cooking, so I thought I would spread the scrapbooking into the kitchen by making an altered cookbook. This recipe book is just for yummy desserts. I started with a Maya Road Chipboard album (chipboard is like heavy cardboard) that looks something like this, except without the triangular insert. There are tons of different styles. I chose this one.
Next, I made my recipe book by printing out recipes on different papers, including velum and transparency. Then I sewed, stamped, inked, embellished, and pretty much did whatever I wanted to and attatched it to the chipboard with some heavy duty glue and this is the result.


I made it so that it stands by itself, and as I flip through it, I can choose a recipe and it will still stand upright. That way it won't get messy by being on the counter top. I actually keep it on my microwave. It's perfect and it's at eye level, which is nice.


It's a fun idea, I think. So if you like to scrapbook, branch out and try something else. I think you'll be glad you did.


7 comments:

Erica Hettwer said...

Oooh, cute!!! That's actually already on my list. To make a mini book with my recipies for Christmas Cookies. Love yours!

:D

Stacey said...

This is adorable!!!

I love reading your blog and all the fun recipes and things you post. Just wanted to let you know that i left you a little love on my blog. :)

Jen Sue Wild said...

Very cute Shaina, I love it!

Queen of Chaos said...

So your moving again?! Is Heath out getting out of the military soon? I remember reading somewhere that you guys were leaving the Service- but when?

Where are you moving too?

I really enjoy doing altered things as well. Especially things for decoration purposes. ;)

This cook book is SO cute, Shaina! You did a fantasic job on it.

Karen & Matt said...

Way cute, absolutely love it!!!

Jenni said...

You know I love this!!! Such a cute creation!

CA_Scrappin said...

What a fabulous recipe book, Shaina! I love it! It's such a great idea, and I really need to make one for/with my daughters! Thanks for stopping by my blog and linking to this...it's so inspiring! :)

Christine