Monday, February 4, 2008

Goat-Milking Champion.

That's right. I am a goat-milking champion. Most of you didn't know that. Are you impressed? You should be. It's a very prestigeous title. Not everyone can say that they are a goat-milking champion.

When I was in college, I was walking home one day after classes, and I came across this grouping out on the lawn between buildings. They were all cheering and yelling. So I pushed through the crowd and heard a guy saying "Come on...just a few more volunteers. Who wants to milk a goat?"

Well, I grew up a farm girl. My brothers were responsible, along with my cousins, to milk the cows. Although that was not my job to do, I did know how to milk a cow. But a goat? Never tried it, but I am not one to back away from a challenge. So I stepped forward.

The competition: Milk your goat, and fill the cup with milk. First person to fill it past the line wins. Easy enough

On you mark. Get set. Go!

Squirt...squirt...squirt. DONE!

It took me four seconds to fill the cup. Everyone else hardly had a drop. Nice.

Another round. Let's try to defeat the winner. Need more volunteers.

Oh, look who steps forward....My brother.

On your mark. Get set. Go!

Squirt....squirt...squirt. DONE!

It took my brother four seconds to fill the cup.


Whahoooo! We clapped for each other. We tied for first!! What did we win? It must be something good. Maybe the goat? That could be fun, but no. They weren't available. What we got, instead, was a nice big gallon of MILK. Joy. I actually don't drink milk. Lactose intolerant. Hmm. What a prize. I picked the gallon of chocolate milk, lugged it up the hill to my apartment, and gave it to my roommates.

Wouldn't you know it, but when I was so busy concentrating on milking my goat, a photographer from the school paper was there. He captured my moment of glory. Now you know I did not make it up. I really am a Goat-Milking Champion. Not bad, for never having milked a goat before. I was the talk of the apartment complex the next day, when this picture made it's debut.

6 comments:

I'm Always Rite said...

You goat girl! ;)

Jen Sue Wild said...

Why does this not suprise me!!
Oh the things you have done...

sharon c... that's me said...

i milked a goat once, i backed it up, it took like 15 minutes to get the milk flowing again!

Ryan said...

I love the bangs!!! Should've known--you really can do everything!

Ryan said...

But this is Nicki not Ryan

shaina said...

Sure, Nicki. I know Ryan is my number one fan.