Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mop Buckets and Tooth Fairies

When I mop, George comes running. Don't know why she is drawn to it, but I can't keep her away. She has fallen from the slippery floor more times than I can count, but she won't stay away. For some reason, she likes to be right by the mop bucket. She won't leave it's side. It's like she is a mother hen, and the mop bucket is her little chic that she has to guard. When I'm done mopping one area, I move the bucket over a few feet. Then George shuffles over a few steps and resumes her squat next to the bucket. It happens the same every time. It's quite intriguing...like a silent film, with the same scene acted out again and again. Now I don't come between her and the mop bucket anymore. I just let them have their special time together.



On a different note, Keaton lost his tooth yesterday. Well, I pulled it out. It was really loose, but it still had one great grip deep down, and it took a bit of compromise to get it out, but we did it! He ceremoniously put the tooth in a baggie and placed it under his pillow. This morning, he came in to me and said "Mom. The tooth fairy didn't come. But that's ok. I know that she was real busy last night, and had lots of other kids to visit. I wasn't first on her list, but she'll come tonight."


Awe. What a terrible tooth fairy! I can't believe I forgot! To make up for it, he'll get a very generous exchange for his tooth tonight.

7 comments:

sharon c... that's me said...

i remember when mom was gone and i lost a tooth, i got ten whole dollars, and when mom called i told her and she said that the tooth fairy was on a vacation and had a substitute...

Jen Sue Wild said...

I love that kids are so understanding when the toot fairy forgets.. My kids always ask if they can write a note so that she wont forget the next time...

The Girls' Mom said...

I forget all the time, some nights I just can't find the tooth so our tooth fairy comes when we are gone on an errand or such- it helps her to not be so busy at night.;)

Queen of Chaos said...

Georgie and her bucket- oh what a pair! That's cute. I think your a good mom for just letting it be. :)

I know my kids are getting too old when they start loosing teeth. I love playing tooth fairy...so does Warren. But don't feel like a heel...we've forgotten many times. :S We always feel BAD, though.

Jenni said...

Cutie lost tooth fairy! I love that picture of him!!!

I'm Always Rite said...

Keaton rocks! I'm so glad he still has his tooth fairy magic. I'll have to post about Neina and the truth. :)

BrittanyLane said...

Kudos to you for mopping often enough that she knows what the mop bucket is for! That should definitely cancel out the forgetful tooth-fairying. (as far as mom points go) I really hate mopping.