Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Packing

We've got boxes everywhere. All the toys are packed up. All my scrapbook/craft/sewing stuff is all packed up. Cookbooks, pictures, games, and movies are all packed up. All the clothes are clean and folded, ready to be sorted into piles: Comes with us/packed up by movers.

All the beds are taken apart, blankets washed, couches and rugs clean with a steamer and closets are cleaned out.


Tomorrow, the movers come. Everything will get loaded tomorrow, then we have the evening to clean up everything(and watch LOST!) before our final housing check on Friday. Then we leave Saturday morning to begin our trek across the United States, with a weekend stop in Utah to visit some family and friends.


I don't know if I will get a chance to update this blog during the trip. If our hotel has internet/computer use, then I'll do a quick post to let you know how many states we have crossed(we don't have a laptop). But if I can't update this for a few weeks, just know that I will miss you all. I know I'm not moving away from my blog readers, but I won't be able to post, and I won't be ableto read all your comments, which mean so much to me.


So here is a little farewell. Don't go too far! I'll be back. I promise.


And to all my friends here, I've been a mess all week. I am constantly crying. You really don't know how much you all mean to me...(sniff) I'm going to go cry now.

9 comments:

sharon c... that's me said...

oh i can't wait to see you this weekend!!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Have safe happy trip...
Moveing is so stinken hard..It almost killed me to move from there.
Good luck I love you...

Elise said...

So sad to see you move! Good luck tomorrow and on your trip to SC. Can't wait to read the updates.

Jenni said...

You can do it girl!!! You'll be missed...but SC wil be a great new adventure...every move is!

kdaygirl said...

How will u watch lost if your TV is packed???? We are excited for your visit.. U can also update your blog at my house and tell everyone what an awsome big sister u have....hint hint

Queen of Chaos said...

Good luck on your travels!

I remember when we moved from Spokane to Arizona and the night before everyting was all packed except our air mattress/ bedding and our TV! We watched our favorite show the night before we left. {I think the show was Homicide...? I can't remember for sure.} But I hear ya- when you have a fav show you will find a way to see it! ;)

Too bad you aren't moving next month- bummer. Our family will be up there in Utah at James' home Easter weekend. We will have just missed ya! {Well, Warren and the kids will be- I will be gone at a writers conference & the LDS Whitney Award Gala. But I will be at James and Mels for Easter.}

Karen & Matt said...

I wish you luck, and a safe fun travel to SC. You'll do fine, plus you'll have a whole new group of woman to introduce to all of your fun games and ideas!!! Can't wait to read all of your updates too. lot's of love from us!!!

dippyrooroo said...

The fact that its so hard to leave where you are at is just proof of how much you have to look forward to! You were new there once too, and all the great things you've done there happened because of what you give to other people. You have the gift of being a great friend, so you will always draw great friends to you!

The Girls' Mom said...

i'm glad I will get to see you on your way to far far away. It will be such an adventure for you though I'm sure. I can totally sympathize with your heartbreak though.