Sunday, February 10, 2008

Surprise Date Night

A few weeks ago, I asked Heath not to forget Valentine's Day. We have never really done anything that special in the past years. It always seemed harder to get a babysitter on that night, than to actually plan anything. But because the movers are coming on the 14th, and we wouldn't know when they would be done, and we would be in a temporary room at lodging, it really wouldn't be a big possibility this year either. Nevertheless, I asked Heath to do something to commemorate the occasion.

He took it to heart, and planned a date for us. It was a secret for me. Now that in itself is a huge thing! Usually, I know all my presents for Christmas ahead of time. I know what I'll get for my birthday. Nothing ever remains a secret, and most of the time, I pick out my own gifts. And as far as dates go, usually I plan them, get the babysitter, etc. This time, he came up with everything on his own. This date, happened last night. We had a blast.


Heath took me to Sacramento where they have a riverboat. On the riverboat, we went to a Murder Mystery Dinner Show! If you know me, you know I love murder mysteries. I have come up with a few for church activities, but I've never actually tried to figure it out before. I was always in on the planning of it. Anyway, it was a blast. Shots rang out. People were dropping like flies. You suspected EVERYBODY. Clues were everywhere, but you had to be watching. It was funny. It made you jumpy. Dinner was good. We had a great time.

Oh, and I figured out the mystery! I got it correct! We had to fill out little sheets of paper that listed who was killed and the reason behind the murder. Five people were killed during the show. I correctly figured out who was the murderer. I was pleased with myself.

Here is a picture of Heath and I right before the show started. If you have a murder mystery show in your area, you should go! I can't say that it will be the same everywhere, but we definitely will be looking for one in our new location.

8 comments:

Jenni said...

GO Heath!!! What a fun night...right up your ally!

The Girls' Mom said...

How fun! I love murder mysteries. We do them with our friends a lot. It is always fun to get dressed up and such. I want to see if we have a place that does them around here. Way to go Heath! It is nice when they remember that even though your married they can still plan the date and ask you out for a change.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Good job Heath..
Dale is always so good at surprising Me...
I love murder mysteries so much they are so dang fun..
I am glad you had a good time..
Bummer that the movers are coming on Valentines day..

sharon c... that's me said...

sounds fun! i love to go on dates, and it's even better if it's a surprise

I'm Always Rite said...

Go Heath! What a great date! You guys have to make sure to continue to keep the fun going on the east coast! :)

dippyrooroo said...

That sounds heavenly! Movies are nice, but a show where you can be involved is way so much better!

Queen of Chaos said...

Awesome date, Heath! He made up for all the other Valentines it didn't work out. ;) How fun, too. I'm glad you got to go out together.

Warren and I have been to a couple of these type of dinners and we love them as well. It makes for a unique date instead of the same 'ole dinner and a movie. Also, we like to play the "How to host a Murder" parties as well. We've been to 2 and hosted 1. Now that's what I call FUN!

Oh- Way to go on figuring it out, Shaina!

Ryan said...

Heath--YOU DID IT! We were there when he was talking to Sheldon about it and he pulled it off. I hope you get this message before the movers disconnect you. We love you and hope the move goes smoothly! Talk to you on the other side:)--This is Nicki