Saturday, March 22, 2008

Breakfast Kit


My husband decided he needed to do something about my anti-milk lifestyle, so he brought home some soy milk for me to try. And because I am anti-cereal, he brought me home some of that to try too.


Now I do love granola. I just eat it plain. No milk. I will occasionally munch on a few other cereals, like cinnamon toasties, but that is pretty much it. The thought of mixing milk with cereal makes me gag. I cannot stand the smell of soggy, milk-dissolved cereal. Ugh. Even if I all the sudden started drinking milk (never gonna happen), I still wouldn't saturate my cereal in it. Just too gross for words.


So Heath came home with a breakfast kit, hand selected, just for his wife. Can we say "Awwe!"


In the morning, I poured myself one cup of soy milk and a (separate) cup of granola. I actually took a sip of soy milk. Uh, it was not to my liking. I'm sure it's fine for most people, but I don't even LIKE the taste of regular milk, let alone not even being able to drink it because of lactose intolerance. Nevertheless, I finished my glass of milk. It did not upset my tummy. I just didn't like the taste of it.


The granola was heavenly. I have chosen to eat that atop yogurt (yoplait; the one kind my body doesn't reject) and it has been a nice week of breakfasts.

What have we learned?


Sweet husband + breakfast kit = Happy wife who still won't eat milk (or milk substitute) with cereal. But it's the thought that counts. (the kids finished off the "cool" milk and loved it)

3 comments:

I'm Always Rite said...

Heath rocks! :) Go you for drinking the entire glass. If I drink milk it is Soy and it is Vanilla because I can not stand the taste of milk by itself besides the fact that it makes me sick. :) I LOVE granola with yogurt! I'll send you my recipe for homemade granola. You'll love it! :)

sharon c... that's me said...

m, i love granola! i however love milk, and drink about 1/2 gallon a day. but with cereal i'm not a huge fan, it made me sick when i was pregnant, and now i almost can't handle it.

Jen Sue Wild said...

How sweet of Heath to be so concredend that you don't eat a "normal" Breakfast.I guess i am not normal eather. I hate cold cearl and milk.I normaly eat left overs for breakfast.