Sunday, March 2, 2008

"Hi, my name is Shaina. Will you be my friend?"

That's what I said today at church. I got a few laughs, but little did they know I was serious. I had some people introduce themselves, and I even got one phone number! Whahoo!

I feel like I was a dorky teenager trying to get someone to give me her number so I could ask her out on a date.

Really. I'm a fun person! I just need some friends!

So our new ward seems great. There were lots of young families there, so we seem to fit in great. Everyone kept saying how much they loved their ward, so that is good news. People don't tend to say that if they feel the opposite.

The movers come tomorrow to deliver our stuff. Hopefully everything made it. I'm worried about movers having sticky fingers, so I'm just praying that everything will arrive and that it won't be broken.

We decided on the 5 bedroom house that I mentioned in an earlier post. We like it. The neighborhood is great, and it's closeby to some good shopping (Ross) and it's an easy drive to get on the interstate for Heath to get to work. I am hoping that in a few days, I'll be a bit more adjusted to the area and that the kids will start school. I don't have much hair left from me pulling it out in frustration. Bottom line, I need them in school.

I miss all my friends and family. I don't think I'll be unhappy here. I just feel really lonely right now. We'll see what the week brings.

9 comments:

Queen of Chaos said...

Glad you're in a place! I think the ward we're in really matters and it sounds like you guys are in a great one. SWEET!

Good luck and I hope things come together so your house becomes a home. Hang in there..school starts tomorrow for the kids? haha

Jenni said...

yay--so glad you like your new ward...i'm sure they're not as cool as all of us (ha!) but they'll do. Glad to hear you got the house...sounds like things are getting settled for ya!

sharon c... that's me said...

that's kind of what i said when i moved into my ward, i got a bunch of old lady's to come over and say hi, they were cute, but i was hoping for someone closer to my age

Ryan said...

I'll be your friend!!! I need to try that approach in our new ward. People are nice but . . . Somewhere out there I'm going to find a friend too.

dippyrooroo said...

Yeah for a spot to land! Charleston was on National Open House the other night, and it looks beautiful! You're in the middle of the hardest part! It only gets better!

I'm Always Rite said...

Well, did you ask anyone to wait while you found your husband and kids so you could meet them? :) haha I just know you'll make friends fast, and at that, probably a lot of friends! I'm so glad you got the house and I hope the commute isn't too much for Heath. Ian's is an hour one way. :\ Keep us updated as you get settled and post lots of pics! We'll be in Atlanta Saturday, just four hours away.... :) I'll be thinking about you guys!

Chloe said...

Oh Shaina, I would totally be your friend all over again :) They will love you, you will make friends, your house will be all set up and just the way you like it, you'll start to feel comfortable - it'll just take TIME.

Good luck and plow through - you're going to do great!

Carolann said...

Congratulations on finding a house! 5 bedrooms, what would that be like?! Now you can move on to your favorite part, setting up a new house. Glad to hear things are working out for you.

You have a talent with finding friends so I know you'll have lots of them soon enough!

Elise said...

I am so glad you got the house and 5 bedrooms at that! Can we say Scrapbooking Room or what? You will make friends fast, I am sure. Why? Because you are great and you are fabulous. Good luck!