Friday, March 28, 2008

Keaton said "Can my boyfriends come play with me?"

We finally played with some friends this week! It was nice to actually have some socialization. When we got done at an indoor jumping place, Keaton was a bit sad-looking. When I asked him what was wrong, he said that he wanted his boyfriends to come over and play with him. So that's what we did. We had three "boyfriends" come over and play for the afternoon. I thought it was so cute that he called them that. I mean, really, I call my close friends my "girlfriends". There shouldn't be anything wrong with boys calling eachother their "boyfriends". However, there is a certain stigma attatched to that. So when the time comes, I'm sure he will learn that his boyfriends will be known as "buddies". Until then, here is a picture with him and his boyfriends playing in the backyard.

9 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

Thats right let them stay little. I am glad he got to have his boyfriends over. Cute pic.

Elise said...

So glad Keaton has found some friends. Hopefully things are starting to look more fun and promising for you guys. Moving is always hard, especially the friend part.

Shavonne said...

They look like those 3rd world country boys that don't have anything but sticks and rocks to play with! haha- What are they doing out there?

shaina said...

I think they were looking for bugs or something. They were outside, which was all I cared about.

Ryan said...

I love that they don't need anything to entertain them. Just give em so boyfriends and a yard and that'll make 'em happy! Come back and we'll do all those things with you!;)--This is once again, Nicki

The Girls' Mom said...

very cute. I'm glad Keaton has found some boyfriends. Even though you already have many around the nation I hope you find some S. Carolina girlfriends soon, so you can have a playday!

melissahurst99 said...

i love watching kids play outside!! i think they look extra cute when they have been playing in the dirt all day!

jill said...

Great photo! How quickly my not so little boy is growing up. Love the "boyfriends" :)

I'm Always Rite said...

I'm so glad Keaton has "boyfriends". :) Simon misses having "buddies" so much! He's always saying how he misses his "best buddies", Caleb, Colby, Isabelle, Jason...... One of the boys in my 10 year old class at church asked if Simon could come over and hang out this week. :} I may just go over and visit with his Mom for a bit so Simon can. :)