Monday, April 28, 2008

Another Weekend of Exploration


This weekend, we went to Folly Beach. We really liked this one. It had sort of an inlet area that formed a little 10 foot wide island of water that was about 5 inches deep, so it made a perfect little kiddie pool. I could have stayed there all day. Next time, I'll bring a good book and a blanket. Guess Heath will have to be on kid-watch for a bit.
Notice the order of my kids?? I'm telling ya...everywhere they go they stay in order. So wierd.

The No-Binkie thing went ok. We had a good couple of fits on the first day, one of them being from me. Not sure if I was ready. The binkies really pacify George when I need her to be good, but I think it is for the best. She had a little struggle when it was bedtime, but we kept her busy enough all weekend, that she was pretty exhausted at night. I think we are through the rough phase. Next step: Potty training!

11 comments:

Shavonne said...

Wow, it looks so nice and warm there! Sounds like a fun day :)

Queen of Chaos said...

The beach is so fun for kids...they look so happy! Glad you had a fun beach day as family. Good times!

Our kids stay in 'formation' wherever we go. Trailing behind me neatly. Though- I trained them to do this. I just say 'FORMATION' and they get in line- youngest to oldest. [Conner in back- Tucker in front} We get stares everywhere we go and many compliments. As you can imagine I look like I'm taking a Day Care out on a field trip with my 5 children behind me! haha

sharon c... that's me said...

oh i just want to bask in the sunshine! good luck on the poddy training... i can't wait until jayners is out of diapers, poo just gets stinkier the older they get.

I'm Always Rite said...

Way to go Shaina! I actually had to cut Neina's binki up before she would relinquish it completely. Simon never wanted one, thank goodness! :) Good luck potty training!

kimmithylaine said...

Loos like a blast!!!

kdaygirl said...

I bet now Georgie starts talking up a storm Addi did. Cant wait for the pools to open up here. Its nice that u have somewhere to swim that is free and close to home....

Jen Sue Wild said...

Looks like you all had a great day!!!

Ande said...

Looks like a beautiful beach. I wish I was there to visit you guys instead of Tom being there. Have fun with the potty training. I think that is my least favorite part, but it feels great when they finally get it.

The Girls' Mom said...

I wish I lived near a beach ;( Looks like a beautiful day.

Carolann said...

Must be nice to have a beach nearby that you can actually swim in! These Northern California beaches are ice cold.

Karen & Matt said...

Looks like a great day, and that you had fun! Good luck with the binkies by the way. At least you can throw that away! Madisynn was a big thumb sucker. We taped her thumbs with athletic tape and it kicked that habbit in the butt in about a week and a half! I'm so thankful we didn't have to fight her for longer.