Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Boys and their Bikes

Well, for the last week or two, the kids have been enjoying having their bikes back; especially the boys. Keaton already knew how to ride a two-wheeler, but he had yet to master the skill of starting off on his own. He always needed a push, and no matter how hard we tried to teach him to get going by himself, he would start crying and say it was too hard for him. (can we say Mr. Sensitive?) We kept telling him that if he stopped crying and just tried, then he would be able to do it.

Well, he took our advice and finally did it last week. I made a layout about it. The journaling reads: Keaton, you were so timid to start off on your own without a push from me or daddy. You would sit and cry because you were too afraid to try; too afraid you would fall over. But today, You Did It! When I asked you how, you said... "I tried, not cried".


Next, Kolby went from four wheels to two wheels without missing a beat. He rocked at it! It was amazing the change in his appearance when that happened. He was no longer a little boy. All the sudden, he was so grown-up!

I did a layout for him as well. The journaling reads: Yesterday you were a wingless Buzz Lightyear who still needed training wheels. Today you are so grown-up riding your two-wheel bike with such confidence. I wonder how you will amaze me tomorrow.


I also took a video of Kolby learning to turn around, instead of crashing into someone's car in order to stop. Enjoy.


11 comments:

Carolann said...

Great job to both the boys. That is such a great accomplishment! My kids just love that you post videos on your blog. They love to watch what their old friends are doing. I swear we watched the video of Kami and Heath singing like 20 times!

Amy Coose said...

Great LO's documenting that cool milestone in their lives!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Cute LO,s. The boys are getting so big.

melissahurst99 said...

Hearing your voice made me miss all your family even more than seeing the pictures!!

Queen of Chaos said...

Cute pages and video, Shaina!

I love it when my children first learn to ride a bike. It's so cute to see their frustrated then gleaming faces.

All our kids can ride bikes except Tucker...I guess we'll wait till he grows a bit more. ;)

I'm Always Rite said...

Amazing! :) Neina and Simon are missing their bikes so much right now. There just isn't anywhere safe here to ride... so many hills and no sidewalks. I've been promising to get the bikes in the van and take them to the bike park once the weather is finally nice again. When, oh when, will that be?

dippyrooroo said...

Great pages Shaina! It looks like you've got a great street for the kids to ride on too!

Stacey said...

Great layouts and I lvoe the little video of him...so cute!!

Jenni said...

Such cute boys you have there...love those LO's too!!! Hope you guys are enjoying SC!

Norma Kennedy said...

I really enjoyed reading your Blog. Amazing emotional layouts- they are really Beautiful as is your family !

AMM Newbie, Norma Kennedy

Kim said...

Those are great layouts. My son just learned to ride his bike w/o the training wheels too. I just picked up the paper to complete the layout. I just can't remember where I put the pictures. :(