Sunday, May 18, 2008

Leaving...on a jet plane

Today marks the first day of what Heath's job is going to be like for a while. Part of his job requires travel; up to 50% of the time. So he leaves today. He'll be gone for two weeks, home a week, gone for three weeks, home a week or so, then gone again....


So yesterday we spent the day together as a family. We started off watching the new Narnia movie "Prince Caspian". The kiddos really liked it. We found this theater about 10 minutes away that has ticket prices around 2 dollars. I loved that it cost us 13 bucks as a family, to watch a movie. Of course, we loaded up our backpack with chocolate and popcorn so we could thoroughly enjoy the movie theater experience. The kids loved the movie.
George fell asleep in the car on the way home, so we waited until she woke up and then we went to Texas Roadhouse to eat dinner. Carolann made a post about this place on her blog, so I knew it was good. We were not disappointed! The rolls and honey cinamon butter were fabulous! I filled up on those and saved most of my Chicken Fried Chicken meal to take home with me. Heath and Kamy had the ribs and they fell in love. Kamy had bbq sauce EVERYWHERE! She is by far our messiest eater. Wish my little camera wasn't broken or we would have taken pictures of her. What a sight. I think Margarite might change her mind about her favorite corner BBQ place if she were to eat at Texas Roadhouse. If you have one in your area, I would totally encourage you to go. You won't be sorry. When we were loading up our to-go boxes, Keaton tried to pack up the big knives and forks they give you. "Can we take the knives, too?" No!! After he asked that, he then said "I have to go number two!" Good thing it was a noisy place. Not too many people heard him...I think.

When we got home, we were so stuffed! But we couldn't end the night just yet. We decided to have a Wii tournament. We each played every game against the computer, and tallied our results. Heath won first place in Golf, getting three holes under par. I won tennis (to which Heath very definitely wants a recount!) Kamy blew us all away with her 190 bowling score, Keaton got the furthest homerun in baseball, Kolby got the award for most putts in golfing, and George got best cheerleader award. We had a great time together.

Hope you all had a great weekend. I'm hoping to use these next few weeks to get a lot accomplished while Heath is gone; and maybe since Heath is gone, he will actually comment on my blog! Love ya babe. We all miss you.

9 comments:

Ande said...

I like the family picture. Hope that you get all that you want to done while he is gone, it seems like I get more done when Tom is gone, but then I have more time to think and come up with more projects, yikes.. the list seems to keep growing. Just Imagine you are still in the military, but the food costs more:) Hope that the weeks go by fast. Tom still has 4 left.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Great family pic.
Stay safe and sane while Heath is gone.
I hope you get every thing done that you want to while he is gone.

sharon c... that's me said...

wow, a movie for 13 dollars! thats awesome... man, its a bummer heath is leaving, what a perfect time to make an apron!

Heath said...

I'll tell ya the ribs at the Road House are good, and tender. I got the half rack and they came smothered in Road House BBQ sauce which was very tasty with the ribs. I couldn't even pick them up by the bone they were so tender without leaving half of the meat still sitting on my plate, so I had to use my fork.
We also got the appetizer Combo with chicken fingers, stuffed and fried jalapeƱos, and tater skins with cheese and bacon, man it was a good dinner. Maybe a little too good. Maybe I should go run later.
Kenny loved the line dancing waitresses so much she even wanted to join them.
Now you can't say I never post on your blog Babe.
Love ya.

Elise said...

Love the family pic! Sounds like a fun little day! Good luck on getting lots done in the next few weeks.

kdaygirl said...

Narnia was great. I am surprised the little kids sat through it. Carson and Aleah played through the whole thing. I thought it was great. Sorry that Heath has to be gone for so long, we learn to apreciate the things that we have more when they leave. Hope u guys are ok and are safe. Safe travels to u Heath!!!

BrittanyLane said...

Beautiful family picture! You have such a cute family.

Shavonne said...

Whose Kenny? haha! Sounds like fun, now I wish we had that restuarant her in Spokane. Good bye Heath, and be safe!

Amy said...

I love Texas Roadhouse!! We ate there all of the time in San Antonio. Dan and I got a babysitter last Friday and went there on a double date with Sam and Carolann. It had been way too long since I'd been there. I always get steak with a sidekick of ribs and save my ribs for the next day. Yummy!!