Saturday, May 10, 2008

Macaroni Salad


Well, since summer is coming up, I thought I'd give you a great picinic salad recipe. This is one I got from a collection of Taste of Homes recipe book. We had it last week and I couldn't get enough of it. I normally lean more towards potato salads, but this one was so yummy.


Macaroni Salad with Bacon, Peas, and Creamy Dijon Dressing

(Salad)

1 8 oz box of elbow macaroni

2/3 cup frozen peas

2/3 cup diced red bell pepper

2/3 cup diced red onion

1/2 cup diced green onion

1/3 cup crumbled bacon


(dressing)

4 oz low fat cream cheese

1/4 cup mayo

1/4 cup shallots (omit if you want)

2 Tbsp sour cream

2 Tbsp dijon mustard

2 Tbsp lemon juice

1 Tbsp white vinegar

salt and pepper to taste

1 tsp paprika


Combine dressing and refrigerate. Cook pasta and drain. Add remaining salad ingredients. Combine with dressing and serve!

4 comments:

The Girls' Mom said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

Ande said...

O.k., really hungry, I need to raid the fridge. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!!!

Shavonne said...

Mmmm, sounds good, i'll have to try this one!

Karen & Matt said...

Looks yummy!!!