Friday, May 16, 2008

Minty Fresh, Antibacterial, and Rash-Free Hair

Yes. That would be George's hair today. I won't make a descriptive phrase about how I felt about her little field trips to the bathroom yesterday.


1st offense: George stowed away in the bathroom sink and smeared desitin (what is the fascination with desitin?) all over her hair. She didn't put a bit of it on her face. Went straight for the hair. Not the best decision, in my book. What was I doing? Trying to make her lunch.

Number of washings: 8. Started out with the mechanic soap right from the start and it still took 8 washings.

2nd offense: George went in the other bathroom, got cozy in the sink again, and this time made her hair pretty using the antibacterial foaming hand soap. Nice choice if you want the sheen as opposed to the matte look the desitin gave her. Good smell too. Exotic coconut. No picture this time. I was too mad. What was I doing? Cleaning the upstairs bathroom (the one the little boys use most...need I say more?)

Number of washings: Just three this time, although there was a lot more yelling.


3rd offense: George went into the same bathroom (after I had locked it) and got out the toothpaste this time. Guess she wanted a little more color. This was by far, the biggest saturation she had managed. What was I doing? Vacuuming the house. Shame on me.

Number of washings: 6. And not a cavity to be found.
All this in one afternoon. How would you have handled it? Today, her hair is grimy. I just couldn't get everything out. You'd think she learned her lesson because of her hatred for having her hair rinsed again and again. But today, I caught her just in time as she was anxiously holding the desitin tube again. I am about at the end of my limit!! I've had this terrible sinus infection/cold/allergies thing going on the past week. Bending over to bathe her made the sinus pressure unbearable, not to mention the one plugged nostril and the other one that is a continuous drip...not too much fun when you spend your day bending over the bathtub.
Anyone want a two year old for a while? She is really good at being two... Right now she is playing with scissors right next to me. (relax! she's cutting paper) If she went for her hair, I don't think I would be too upset.

18 comments:

kdaygirl said...

I love it Na!!! Make me think of Addi and Aleah getting into stuff together. Do child proof doorknob covers work?

Ande said...

Wow, she was bent on doing her hair wasn't she. Maybe she was making herself pretty for Tom coming to dinner. J/K Tom said he had a blast and loved whatever you made and that you are supposed to post it. I think that he was thrilled to get away from the Hotel and see people that he actually likes for a few hours. Thanks for having him. What are you guys doing on the 27?

Amy said...

I think she knows you think your posts are boring and wants to give you stuff to write about!!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Just send her to Aunt Jenny. I would love to have a 2 year old.
I am going to be a meanie for a minute. I know this is no fun right now but enjoy it shes here and you get to experience the joy of having her do these awful 2 year old moments.
I would do almost any thing to get wash tooth paste destined and hand wash out of Williams hair.
I am not saying this to make you feel bad I am just saying enjoy those moments that's the one of things William has thought me. I see things so much differently now I realise in those awful messy moments how blessed I am to take that alone time with that child while we are cleaning up together and really talk to them or teach them a lesson.
Before William I would have been mad and that's it. I would have seen no good in the situation. Now my eyes have been open.
love ya Shaina and I am sorry that she made an awful mess.

BrittanyLane said...

Um.. Did you say something about being bored?... I was laughing so hard it hurt as I read this. I feel a tiny bit guilty to enjoy your torture so much. At least you can laugh about it later.

Shavonne said...

I think her call in life is to be a beautician, but clearly she needs to be guided in what not to use for those scalp treatments.
All in one day! what a sneaky little thing! Very funny, though not fun for you.

Ande said...

Me again. The 27 is Tom's birthday, I'll have to email you later. :) Hope that she doesn't get into anything today. Yikes.

courtney said...

One day a year ago or so, Mackenzie and Alexis would not stop getting into the toilet. Splashing and singing as they went. It was so gross to see them playing in it! By the time Jared got home from school, I was at my wits end...and they did it for the 5th time that day. I immediately took them, clothes and all and put them in the shower, ran cold water, no hot water whatsoever! Jared had to turn away, I sprayed them over and over saying, "stay out of the toilet, stay out of the toilet." They screamed and cried.

Then...I took them out, got the freezing clothing off of them, wrapped them in a warm blanket, and just relaxed. They never went in the toilet again.

Try a cold shower the second you find her. It might work!

Queen of Chaos said...

SHEESH!

George reminds me of Emmalese at her age. She was into EVERYTHING! It's exhausting. But I will always cherish the pictures I got of her in action.

Carolann said...

She's just doing her job of keeping you busy. The pictures are priceless.

Elise said...

Love it! She is definitely a ball of fire and keeping you busy (not boring at all)! Good luck! Lock up all the Desitin in a safe or something!

dippyrooroo said...

Oh boy! Does she know how to push buttons or what! It's a good thing she's cute, huh?

sharon c... that's me said...

i feel sad for you, it's a good thing george is so cute!

Chloe said...

Oh oh oh....SHAINA! What a ROUGH day...love the pictures and wash count posted by each offense. She is lucky that she is cute or I have a feeling she wouldn't have made it through today...

So sorry about the sinus infection - feel better:)

I'm Always Rite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I'm Always Rite said...

I bet clippers are really tempting right now. I don't know... A pretty little 2 year old with a shaved head might just start a new age fashion trend. Call it minimalism. ;) Hand in there. :)

KJ-Starre said...

Hahahahaha! this has had me in stitches cos it sounds like my house (sorry I know things like this pushes up the blood pressure & are really hard whilst you are in it) but in 6 months when you look back, it's gonna make you laugh, I guarantee it.
Be strong :o)
~Kim!

Kim said...

Having 4 kids of my own, I feel your pain. I couldn't help but laugh at your post--and then read the next one where you said you were bored. Here's my terrible two story---When Emily was 2, less than one week before Xmas, she decided to cut her hair. She cut all her bangs off to the scalp. I cried for days. She looked beautiful in her pretty red Xmas dress on Xmas day, but that hair was awful. She is 14 and we can now laugh at the pictures. It took a long time before I could leave scissors within her reach. Everytime that child would see a pair she went straight for the hair!