Saturday, May 10, 2008

Soup, Salad, and Breadsticks

Whenever I go to Olive Garden, I always get their Zuppa Toscana soup. It's a heavenly blend of sausage, potatoes, bacon, broth, and cream. So delicious. I've been making this recipe at home for a few years. It's super easy. Enjoy. (disclaimer...this is not my own picture. Mine looks better!)

Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup

1 lb Italian sausage (I like Jimmy Dean)

1 onion, diced

2 garlic cloves

1/4 cup precooked bacon

2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced

Enough water to cover potatoes 1/2 inch

3 chicken bullion cubes

pepper to taste

One bunch of Kale

1/2 cup heavy cream

Brown sausage and garlic and onion. Remove from pan. Add potatoes and cover with water. Add bullion cube. Boil until tender. Add sausage mixture back to pot. Add pepper and heavy cream. Heat through and then remove from heat. Add chopped kale. Serve.

See! I told you it was easy. This soup tastes so so so good. I hope you will try it.

4 comments:

The Girls' Mom said...

I Love Love Love this soup!

Ande said...

Now I am hungry!!! It looks sooooo-good.

BrittanyLane said...

Yum! I'm a big soup lover. This is one of my favorites at the restaurant, I'm excited to try it!

Karen & Matt said...

That looks really good!