Monday, May 5, 2008

Stubborn

This kid refuses to eat if he doesn't want to. It doesn't matter what we do to make dinnertime intriguing for him. It doesn't matter that we promise him dessert if he finishes his dinner. It doesn't matter if we all eat, clean up, and leave the room. He still won't budge. If he doesn't want it, nobody can do a thing about it. Now, sometimes, he goes wild for the dinner I'm making. He loves tacos and Parmesan chicken and sausage and eggs. Other times, if he's not sure, he'll ask "Momma, did I love this before?" I always say "Yes", even if it's something he has never had. Why jinx things?

Oh, but he sure can sneak food if he is hungry. It doesn't matter the punishment he gets. If he wants something, he'll do it and accept the consequences. STUBBORN! Now where did he get that from?

8 comments:

kdaygirl said...

That sounds familar. Mnay of our kids had to eat their dinner for breakfast the next morning.

Ande said...

Xanen used to do that, then we went to my sisters house and she nipped it in the bud. It was funny, they are both stubborn and needless to say, he started eating. Now he eats everything, the rule is that they have to at least try it before they can say that they don't like it. That usually works, Brennan is a totally different story though. He's our sneaky one.

sharon c... that's me said...

i think we all go through this stage... cute pic

Jen Sue Wild said...

Sounds like Been lately. He use to eat every thing and now he just pouts and says I no like that. Then he sneaks food later or he will ask a sister to get him a snack. They know know to ask him did you eat all your lunch or dinner. Thank goodness he doesnt lie.

I'm Always Rite said...

He and Simon are two peas in a pod right now. :]

Shavonne said...

Gosh, where could he get his picky eating from?!

Karen & Matt said...

It's such a stubborn stage! My girls have been their since they were born. I can't push it too far of forcing them to eat because then they end up puking because they are so upset. It's so stressful. I love the piture, so cute!

courtney said...

Just give him cookies and icecream, my girls are perfect little angels when I do that, at least, during the time they are eating.

I just had an epiphany, I should just keep feeding my kids cookies, cakes and candies all day long and they will always be good for me! :) Then they will get diabeties and overweight, and never leave the house when they grow up...Never mind! :)