Thursday, June 26, 2008

Clear Album

The Scrapbook store that I design for had these new acrylic clear albums from Prima that they wanted a display of. They also have this new line from a company called Deja Views titled "Little Yellow Bicycle". So to kill two birds with one stone, the owner gave me the acrylic album to showcase, using the paper and rubons from the Little Yellow Bicycle. I added some ribbon, buttons, and flowers from Prima and TA-DAA! Here it is. I think it's gorgeous. This was a first timer for me. I've never done an acrylic album but I always wanted to.

The trick with acrylic albums is that they are see through. So whatever you do to the back of one page will show up on the next page. Makes using adhesive a bit tricky. I posted tons of pictures, and most of them you can click on to enlarge, which I recommend, so that you can see the detail.



And here are the close-ups of each page. This is the front of the album, with the other pages behind it. See how you can see each of the pages! Pretty cool.









24 comments:

Karla Smith said...

Beautiful Album Shaina,
I love how you used the ric-rak.
Love Acrylic mini's.

Liz said...

totally cute!!!

I love this album!

Jenni said...

Super cute!!! Love it!

trendyscrapper said...

what a cute album love how you kept it clear. I think you rocked it. I hope you liked working with the BAB. My partner and I love to see how people are using our albums.
Thank you
Fire and Ice Designs

BrittanyLane said...

Wow! That is gorgeous! I've never seen a clear album before. That looks like a very fun project...

I'm Always Rite said...

Now that's just cool. :} When we get settled again I'll have to make something like it. :)

Erica Hettwer said...

Shaina, that is just lovely!!! :D And, the binding is super cute!

Lucy Edson said...

Love this album!!! The acrylic is so fun to work with!! Great paper line, too!

Ericka said...

totally cool!! great job!! absolutely FAB-U-LOUS!!!! :)

The Design Experiment said...

this is AMAZING!!! Love it!

The Girls' Mom said...

I love it, I haven't seen those before. How is the designing going, do you love it? You're very good at it.
It seemslike you almost have to look at as a whole because it shows through- tricky ;)

kdaygirl said...

Everyone is speaking in a foreign language. Ric-rak? BaB?
Its very artistic. Well done!

Karen & Matt said...

Wow, that's so BEAUTIFUL Shaina! I love it!!! Great job. =)

Jen Sue Wild said...

Great job Shaina!!!

KJ-Starre said...

Fantastic project Shaina! They must be thrilled with what you did. Thanks for sharing all the details.
XX

Five-Browns said...

In SA we wouldnt call this album cute....we would call it bloody fabulous!

It is simply beautiful, your attention to detail is staggering.

sharon c... that's me said...

oh i'm really loving this!

Ande said...

That is awesome. I love it.

Liz said...

Hey,

I emailed you a request, If you didn't get it, could you check your PM's over @ CK?

THX

Liz

melissahurst99 said...

Seeing crafty things gets me in the mood to create!! I love all of your pages you always share! They are awesome!!

Queen of Chaos said...

I've seen these albums done but haven't done one myself. You did a great job, Shaina. It's very pretty.

tasha said...

Shaina, you never cease to AMAZE me! I'm sitting here with my mouth wide open! You have been given such a beautiful gift! It warms my heart everytime I see another Shaina Creation! Keep them coming!

Valerie said...

Totally love it! I miss the states so much. I miss out on all the new cool stuff! I want one!!

Chloe said...

I'm not a scrapbooker but that is totally cool...