Monday, June 2, 2008

Jumping ahead

A little while back, I pulled a WHITE hair from my head. WHITE! Where did this come from? It was about six inches long and sticking out with the utmost pride.

Now, I color my hair. I have a bit of regrowth, I'll admit, but not six inches worth! So either this one strand of hair remarkably did not get saturated with color goo three months ago, or my stress levels were enough to miraculously convert it's auburn color to pure white. How the heck did this happen? I'm sure it wasn't there the day before.

If anybody knows the process that hair goes through to become gray (or white), please enlighten me. I am perplexed.

So it's official. With my birthday being right around the corner, I am officially going gray...I mean white. After all, the gray is just one step away from being white, right? I guess I'm just skipping that part. It'll save me a good 20 years in the long run. My body is just being efficient. Lucky me.

8 comments:

Queen of Chaos said...

If you really knew how much white and gray hairs I had you'd NEVBER complain again! Seriously- I have TONS. Let me rephrase that- my head it half covered with white/gray if I don't color. I HAVE to color my hair or else I look like an oddity. {Young face with old lady hair. Yuck.}

I'm Always Rite said...

I had a white hair when I was 14! Yes, 14! I think sometimes it's like that boy in the Crash Test Dummies song "mmm,mmmm,mmmm", "got into an accident and couldn't come to school, but when he finally came back, his hair had turned from black into bright white" ;) I would blame it on the DMV! ;) You're only as old as you act, so what are you... 15? ;)

Holmes Home said...

Let me know when you get as old as me - but wait, I'll still be older. Doesn't that stink! You are still such a young chick, white hair or not!

Karen & Matt said...

If it makes you feel any better my grandma started going white at 15! Crazy huh? I was always worried that I would start going white that young. I'm surprised I haven't sprouted any white or gray with all the stress lately! You still look young and you look great!

Karen & Matt said...

Sorry meant to add that I'm glad Heath made it back alright!

Jen Sue Wild said...

You crack me up !! I had a friend who started to turn grey in her 20's she just always colored her hair.

Your sill a spring chicken...
I sent you out some birthday Love today in the mail . you should get it in time for your big day!!

NickisJewelry said...

You need to retreat to a day spa of some sort to deal with all of this stress in your life! Oh, wait, did Heath leave for Germany today?! I don't know how you are doing it except that your are Wonder Woman!

kdaygirl said...

Always woondering what your big sista is up too will cause that to happen. I had a hair on my arm that was like 2 inches long and no Shaina it wasnt in my armpit. And please pluck the hair off the mole it is driving me crazy!!!!