Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Owies, tricks, and gifts, oh my!

Thank you to everyone who wished me well on my birthday. I received a few thoughtful cards and gifts and I appreciate it so much!
Miss Jennifer made me an adorable apron out of an old pair of jeans, with some pink ruffle to complete the look. It is super cute, and little Georgie is modeling it for Jennifer. Thank you Jennifer!!
(don't ya just love her cutie little underwear-clad bum!!)

Nicki sent me a gift after my desperate plea for some huckleberry sauce. She couldn't find any, but sent me this package of pancake mix instead. Looks like we will have a grand breakfast in the morning! Thanks Nicki!!

I got cards from April and my mom and my mother in law. I got thirty bucks to spend on anything I want (if you have something really cool for me to spend it on, I'd love to hear!) and I got some sweet phone calls from family members. In my family, it has become tradition to sing Happy Birthday over the phone, and since it is such an awkward song, we have made it a habit of singing it in such a way as to make dogs howl in pain. It's terrible. It's funny, and I look forward to it with every birthday in my family.

Here is a picture of the apron I made a few weeks ago. It's super cute.

Also, the kids have been keeping me busy with doing bicycle tricks. Here are some pictures of their tricks.




Georgie's trick was pushing her stroller, which she loves to do, up and down the block. I really need to get her a little tricycle.
And with such tricks comes owies. Keaton's arm looks a whole lot worse than this picture gives credit for. I like this picture because I told him to look sad, and he started laughing. So he had to force his mouth into a frown. Too funny.

Kolby somehow knocked his lip on the stairs, and had a really fat purple lip for a few days. The swelling is finally going down. You would think this would set him back, but he was acting fine and eating fine even with a huge lip. This kid is tougher than anything!


Sorry for all the pictures. Guess I had too much catching up to do. Looking forward to your suggestions for my 30 bucks!!

11 comments:

I'm Always Rite said...

Ross!

Shavonne said...

I totally love the apron you made-nice job! I was waiting for a picture of it. How 'bout you buy more apron making stuff with your $30? and a cute shirt.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Pedicure!!! But that would mean you would need a baby sitter..

Go to Ross and get a few fun things..

Kennedy Looks sew cute in the Apron Love the bum shot!!! Good picture to show her boyfriends.

kdaygirl said...

I love georgies hair in the stroller shot. That fat lip looks really painfull. I think that u should spend the $30.00 on a treat that u love. Chinese dinner for one? That can be a take out item. Eat it and watch a movie. Since its not that much u can also go get a cute pair of shorts at ross to wear at our sib reunion!!

NickisJewelry said...

Hope that you had a great birthday! I just got a massage with some leftover money. . .HEAVEN! Find a great spa and treat yourself.

dippyrooroo said...

I swear to you Shaina, I am sending you a bottle (or two) of huckleberry syrup on Friday! I meant to get it off last week, but we've been doing job interview stuff (one in Sandpoint) and you know I have an irrational fear of the post office. But I've been thinking for the last month that would be a great thing to send you for your birthday!

BrittanyLane said...

I love your apron. I was thinking about that pattern you won a while ago. I'm glad you had a chance to make it! Super cute. Hmm. I'm always tempted to spend a little extra cash on scrapbooking supplies.

Valerie said...

What a terrible friend I have become. Germany has changed me too much! I want to be the old Valerie again. I am so sorry for missing your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday. I hope you enjoyed it!
Now for the $30. Get a pedicure. I think pretty feet are a must in the summer! (read my blog, I hate feet esp. dirty ones)
And eat some ice cream from Cold Stone! I will call you soon.

The Girls' Mom said...

Looks like lots of adventure around your house! I love the apron, I've been wanting to make some cute ones for my girls and I for a little club that we are doing. The 2 you posted are great ideas. With $30 I suggest new fun shoes, lipstick, and a new adventurous eyeshadow. I love the
2-in-1 sticks.

Queen of Chaos said...

Ouch! I'm the best owie kisser around these parts {according to my 5 children, at least.} I wish I could kiss the boys owies!

If it were me- I'd spend the money on a pedicure or manicure or a pair of cute shoes. Just my ideas...

KJ-Starre said...

That apron is really fashion-cool & for an apron that is something. With your sewing talent you should look at join up with the www.apronista.com.

Eeesh! those are some HECTIC war wounds.....I suppose the kids thought the photo's were AWESOME!!
Hope you enjoyed spending your $'s.
x