Monday, July 14, 2008

Getting ready

Today I am preparing for another round of freezer meals. This time, I've got two friends here that are interested in how it's done, so they are coming over Wednesday to help me make mine. In turn, I'll bestow all my knowledge to them and give them a copy of the recipes I'll be using. I'm doing some old favorites, but I've also got some new recipes I'll be trying out. So look for some new recipes to be added to the list.

I'll also be cleaning the house today. It's never done. Drives me absolutely crazy.

Tonight, I'm going to Walmart. It's been marked on my calendar since last week because of the sales flyer I got in the mail. It's my favorite time of the year. The time when I can restock my school supplies! Check your local sales. Right now I can get spiral notebooks for 5 cents and a box of crayola crayons for 22 cents!! I hope they are continually restocking those shelves. I plan on getting as much as I can. Having a big tote full of art supplies just makes me happy.


Oh, and here is the layout I was working on when Keaton 'suggested' in his brilliant kid way that I was slacking on my parental duties.

10 comments:

Stacey said...

Fun! I hope you share more freezer meals and any tips you have to make them. I should do this one of these days. :)

Jenni said...

I saw they were bringing out the school supplies at TArget the other day...I will be stocking up too! Love this time of year! Love the LO too!

KJ-Starre said...

Geepers those prices are amazing! Get a stack of them & stash them until you need them again!

Sounds like a busy day ahead of you.
Your L.O ROCKS girl!!!
XX

dippyrooroo said...

So cool! Are those all pictures of Keaton?

I'm Always Rite said...

I totally love the picture of Keaton! PhotoShop?

I just bought a bunch of school supplies at Target's dollar bins for so much less than I could get them at the Parent Teacher store. Shopping for school supplies takes on a whole new meaning with homeschool.

PS You won the PCS contest, check my blog. We're going to Ohio. :]

Mistylynn said...

I really love the brilliant green paper you used here on this lo! TFS!
Misty

Karen & Matt said...

Fun! I'm going to have to stock up on some art supplies... pretty cool! Love the LO too cute!

Shavonne said...

Man, I wish you had done those freezer meals when you had lived here in Spokane! I'm excited to hear about how it went, and of any new recipes.
And did you you have to fight other ladies trying to buy up school supplies?

The Girls' Mom said...

Way to go on your photoshop job! was it hard? gotta love kids, they are so honest. BTW I love your freezer meal recipes that you sent me, only I just make them instead of freezing them.

Queen of Chaos said...

This picture is one of the cutest I've ever seen. :)