Thursday, July 24, 2008

GIRL night out.

The girl is me. And I am going out. Tonight. By myself.

I need some time to myself, where kids aren't yelling at me (and I'm not yelling at them) and where I don't have to chase after anyone, watch out for anyone, or stress out over anything. Actually, the kids don't yell at me, really. It's mostly them ignoring everything I say, which really gets me going.

Heath is back, so he very willingly is letting me have some time to rejuvinate. I need it too. I feel like I've been very very impatient lately.

So I'm going to see Momma Mia all by myself. I think I'll even buy a big bag of popcorn and eat it all. I might even splurge on some root beer too. (gasp!) I am really looking forward to it.

Our Air Conditioning was finally fixed this morning. It had a compressor that needed to be replaced. We are cool and breezy again. Loving that. It was one very long hot night last night with no air conditioning.

Here are two layouts for you to enjoy. Toodles.



9 comments:

Simply Mel said...

Oh enjoy! I know just how you feel...in fact I am going away for 2 nights tomorro. No man, no kids. First time I am doing it but OH IT FEELS GOOD!

Jen Sue Wild said...

It's always nice to get away and get your cup refilled. Have fun at the movies.

Nice layouts..

Sharon Carpenter said...

fun, you'll need some root beer if it's a whole bag of pop corn! i love you sis, can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

Valerie said...

Cute layouts! I am very impressed that you and Jenn have so much time to get pages done! I am just a slacker. I think I spend too much time on the computer catching up on everyone elses blogs!!

I need a girl(s) night out. How was the movie? It will be a little while before it gets over here. We are going to Switzerland next weekend. So I get a weekend with Terrence! I hope to get a little rejuvination from it!

I'm Always Rite said...

Go you! I've never been to a movie by myself. You'll have to tell me how it is adn what you think of the movie. I just loved it! I wish I was there to go with you. :]

BrittanyLane said...

Good for you. I can't wait to see that one. Glad your air is fixed!!

Ande said...

Glad your air it working. Ours froze up and was not working. Did you like Mama Mia? I want to see it, of course I love Abba. (Tom just rolls his eyes when I start belting it out.) I wish we could have a big girls night again, they just aren't the same. :)

KJ-Starre said...

Yay! for repair people...even if a TAD LATE! I hope they fixed it for free???

And Yay! for Heath...a night off...sounds heavenly. I am embarrassed to admit in all my 39yrs I have never been to a movie alone...nope I am not kidding! never ever. I find it sort of scary...but then again I have a *slight* tendency to be a big ninny.
Enjoy my friend...eat the whole popcorn & drink a 500ml root beer....you are splurging after all :o) :o)

Chloe said...

I am always in favor of going out alone. I do it as often as I can :) Though it's also really fun to go with the husband...