Saturday, July 12, 2008

Teachings from an almost seven year old boy

Today, I was cutting some circles out of the patterened paper I was using for a scrapbook page, when Keaton came peeking over my shoulder to see what I was up to. I was actually making a layout using a picture of him, so I showed it to him. He was quiet, watching me for a bit, and then he said "Momma, you should have a circle puncher of different sizes so you can cut cut cut so super fast. "

I told him he was right, and that would be helpful, but that I just had to use scissors instead.

He said "Man, I would sure do a good job scrapbooking because I have great ideas, like how to cut good circles."

I agreed.

Then came the kicker. "Mom, maybe if I did your scrapbooking, then you would have more time to spend with your family..."

13 comments:

sharon c... that's me said...

What!!! this blows my mind

Karen & Matt said...

oh wow!!! Really?? Kids, they will tell you straight out!

Elise said...

Too funny!! Don't ya just love kid's honesty!

KJ-Starre said...

Hahaha! intuitive boy....punches would make a difference....in my scrappy life too because I still cut out :o)

Five-Browns said...

Hmmm....did it hit you in the gut? Just a little? I had a very similar experience last week when my 4 yr old asked me : Mommy, when you finish your scrap work can you come watch me on the trampoline?"

I need to watch myself. I first have to LIVE then scrap/blog!

BTW I am so enjoying your blog.

Stacey said...

Smart boy!!! Kids are so funny and honest!

I'm Always Rite said...

Ouch. :] I wonder how you responded...

Jen Sue Wild said...

Wow!! My kids have revelled a few of those revelations to me as well it always hurts my hart.

dippyrooroo said...

Oooo! Ouch! He couldn't have dug that knife in any deeper if he'd tried! It is so hard to know where to draw the line between kid time and personal time. It just goes to prove that no matter how much of us they get, our kids always want more. I guess we could call them selfish if it wasn't all because they love us so much!

Stacy said...

Aww Shaina! I am sure that was hard to hear. My 4 year old will ask me "After you're done scrapbooking, you'll play with me, right?" I always drop what I am doing and go and play. It's hard to find the balance. It is awesome he loves you so much!

Chloe said...

OK, that's really funny..

Queen of Chaos said...

You need to own my favorite scrapbooking tool ever invented...the CRICUT. It's awesome!

Out of the mouths of babes. They speak the truth- most of the time. ;)

Valerie said...

Mine tell me I am always on the computer. I guess I should get up and do something productive. But you post so many things, it takes me forever to catch up with everyone. I don't have time to update my own blog!!