Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Too Hot to Handle!

This morning I woke up to hot stickiness. The air conditioner was on, but it was not working. Total bummer. It stopped working yesterday, or maybe it's not been working that great for a week or so. Anyway, I called our property management to inform them of our cooling crisis at 8am. It's after 2pm, and I'm still trying to get someone to call me back! I keep calling and calling and they keep giving me excuse after excuse. "Oh, she's with someone. She'll call back....She's out to lunch...." I feel like the wicked witch of the west. "I'm melting!"

It's very hot in our house, but what makes it worse is the humidity. It's like a swamp cooler gone bad in here. To make things worse, I HAD to do laundry today. Ugh. I also cleaned the house like crazy and all the movement is making it a sauna in here.

Heath is suppose to get home tonight. "Welcome to our hot spot, baby!"

11 comments:

I'm Always Rite said...

Keep on that management company! They'll let you sweat as long as they want if you don't nag. BE the wicked witch!

BrittanyLane said...

YUCK. I don't handle humidity well. Hope they fix it soon!!

BrittanyLane said...

YUCK. I don't handle humidity well. Hope they fix it soon!!

BrittanyLane said...

Okay not sure why that posted twice. Sorry.

Shavonne said...

I hate that hot, sticky feeling! I don't do heat well, so I wouldnt' be able to handle down there very well. So sorry! Hope you get the a/c working soon!

courtney said...

Sorry Shaina! you can take a hankerchief and roll up ice in it and wrap it around your neck.
Not that it will help much.

Ande said...

Can you say HOT HOT HOT!!!! Ours went out two years ago when I was pregnant with Hazel and they didn't want to come and fix it.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Yuck !!! Thats too bad I hope they get it fix ASAP..
Hugs

The Girls' Mom said...

Aww, now you know why your bill was so high- broken AC. This is off topic but I noticed on your feed someone from Wasilla- thats where my SIS' live. I wonder if they know each other?

Karen & Matt said...

I hate when that happens!!! Yuck! Keep on them and get that sucker fixed. AC is a must! =) Good luck!

KJ-Starre said...

It gets humid here too & most homes don't even have air conditioners....so I can totally identify with how you are struggling!

Did you ever find her? you must have wanted to throttle her...I hope she apologized & offered you loads of compensation? Demand it I say, for stress & discomfort :o)