Thursday, July 3, 2008

"Y" Hello!


Georgie really likes to be crafty with me. Well, she likes it whether she's with me or not, and I would venture a guess that she likes it more WITHOUT me because I don't inhibit her creative expressions.


Georgie also really likes vowels. She goes around singing every day "A-EE-AHH-OH-OOO" I am thinking she is trying to say "E-I-E-I-O" from Old McDonald had a farm. Also, when she is looking through her books, she likes to point to specific letters and say "A" or "I" for almost every one of them.

Yesterday, when my back was turned, she got into some of my American Crafts Thickers, which are pretty much thick letter stickers, and started pasting them to her body. Since she was only in her diaper, she had plenty of canvas to work with. I found it interesting the letters she chose. She stayed away from those pesky consonants and went right for the vowels, which were scattered through the page, incidentally. She especially favored the Y's. (Not a vowel, you say? I beg to differ. All through school, I learned that vowels were A, E, I, O, U, and sometimes Y. ) Apparently, she likes to root for the underdog. Either that, or she is brilliant beyond her years.

8 comments:

Shavonne said...

Funny George- she's so clever!

courtney said...

George seems to almost be more mischievious than Alexis. I would hate to see them together...slash that...I would love to see them together, then I would get to see you guys.

KJ-Starre said...

'Y' hello....hahaha! funny...I definitely think she takes after her genius Mama, nothing random about her picking up the vowels & sometimes the Y....clever tick!
I enjoy how you write....you have a great funny bone on you, know that?
KJ
:o)

Jen Sue Wild said...

Awwwe sweet girl I love and miss you!!!
You will have to record her singing so I can her her sweet voice.

Ande said...

Gotta watch her, she gets into everything, I have 2 of those. Love the letters though. How cute is she? She has one of the best smiles.

Valerie said...

I love the little things kids do. I have gone through my fair share of stickers! She is too cute.

I like your layouts too! Super cute.

Queen of Chaos said...

Cute! I like the photo of George and the sticker letters. :)

Sweet LO's BTW!

I was able to do paper scrapping yesterday and will through Monday. {Girlfriends are supoosed to come over off and on} Right now I'm working on our camp out at Lake Pleasant. I love my Cricut Expression! It makes scrapping much easier.

NickisJewelry said...

She is so smart! I can't believe how big she's getting--just big enough to cause a lot of trouble. I hope you guys are having a great summer, especially since Heath is back. Margarite said you are doing a road trip to FL--hope it works out. Sounds really fun!