Friday, August 22, 2008

3 things

This morning, Kamy told us that she was supposed to bring some things with her to school today for a little show and tell; something that tells about herself or what she likes to do. She told us right when we were shooing her out the door. So I was frustrated, and told her to run upstairs really quick and grab some things.

She came down about 30 seconds later with three things. A baseball, a little toy horse, and a dress-up bracelet. I didn't expect her to have grabbed those things. I thought she would grab her American Girl doll or a stuffed animal, or her CTR necklace, or her favorite book, some markers, or something like that. So when I saw these three things, and being frustrated with the lack of time, I said " Why'd you pick those three things, Kamy? They don't mean anything to you."

She looked up and said "I have the baseball because it reminds me of Keaton and Kolby and how we like to play with each other. I have the toy horse because it reminds me of you and daddy and how you grew up on a farm. I have the bracelet because it reminds me of how you like to look pretty and how Georgie likes to dress up like you."

Wow.

Those are three really great things.

I gave her a hug.

16 comments:

kdaygirl said...

That toatlly makes u feel bad that u snapped. I know it would for me.. How sweet that she got things that reminded her of her family and not all about herself.. So sweet!

BrittanyLane said...

Oh. That made me cry a bit. Kids can be so very sweet and unselfish.

Sharon Carpenter said...

Tear* thats cute

Karen & Matt said...

Wow that's deep. What a sweet girl!!! =)

KJ-Starre said...

We underestimate just how connected our kids are to the family...her sentimental reasoning is so adorable. It speaks of a close, loving family you know!
Have a fabulous weekend!
XXX
P.S Thanks for reminding me about your recipes...I am on a mission to try x3 new ones each week. I'll keep you posted.

Ande said...

It's times like that where you take a step back and tell yourself to calm down. She is such a sweety. It has happened to me many times. :)

TheTennesseeWilliams said...

Aww that so cute and sweet, I am glad you gave her a hug, she totally deserved it!

courtney said...

That is really sweet!

Queen of Chaos said...

I'm crying. Yes, real tears. This is the sweetest! Thanks you for sharing this.

Just when you think you know your children...you really don't.

Heidi said...

Wow so how small did you feel after that. Kids are awesome you never know what they are going to say or do, they will surprise you every time...

dippyrooroo said...

Oh! I'm all misty! What a sweet and thoughtful girl!

dippyrooroo said...

Oh! I'm all misty! What a sweet and thoughtful girl!

I'm Always Rite said...

Kamy toally rocks! ;)

NickisJewelry said...

What an amazing girl! You done good raising her! I can't believe you've got three in school but that's pretty early to have to get them going! How was the day for you and George? I LOVE your idea for artwork display. I'm going to attempt it myself--wish me luck.

Jen Sue Wild said...

She really put a lot of thoght into what she wanted to share.

ScrapFan {aka Simply-Mel} said...

Stops you in your tracks, doesnt it? great post
xx