Friday, August 22, 2008

Artwork


Now that school has started, your kids will probably come home with some artwork for school. If you are like me, you never have a place to display their work. Our fridge quickly gets covered with the kids trying to find enough magnets to hold all of the papers, and then papers get knocked down and trampled on, and quite frankly, I hate how messy it all looks.

So you can easily make a display clip for their artwork. You can make one for each of your kids, and display them as decorations on a hallway wall. They will feel very happy that you thought enough of their work to display it.

I got a thin board from Michaels for around a dollar in the wooden crafts section. I got some clothespins too. Then I painted the edge with craft paint, covered it in some fun paper, and used my cricut to cut out the title ARTWORK. You can change things up any way you want. Write your kid's name on there, add different embellishments, and ribbon, or whatever you want. Sky's the limit. Clip their latest artwork up and watch for the big smile your kid will give you.
If you don't have kids who bring you artwork, or want to do something else, you could easily make a key-ring holder with your family name on it, or something like that. Just hang some clips from the bottom and presto! A key ring holder.

14 comments:

TheTennesseeWilliams said...

Can I just have you make me 3 for my kids? :D You are way too crafty. I am not quite so, I like to do it but not quite so good at making it look cute or coming up with my own ideas.

I'm Always Rite said...

You're just too cute Shaina. I should probably make something like this for the munchies. I can't stand having papers all over the fridge. They get in the way of all my souveneir magnets! ;)

Elise said...

This is too cute! You make it sound so incredibly easy!

Sharon Carpenter said...

oh, that DID turn out cute!! what a surprise when you made it!! i love it!

Stacey said...

CUTE!! Are you making one for each child? Where are you putting this up? (Or maybe I just didn't read carefully enough.LOL)

shaina said...

I think I'll do one for each kid. Wouldn't want them arguing over who gets theirs on the wall!

Rayna said...

Here's another "cute Idea/job" comment! But I love it! My kids are pretty much done with artwork so I'll probably do the key ring idea. Hopefully soon I'll have a house to put it in!

Karen & Matt said...

That is so cute! Love that idea! I totally hate having stuff all over my fridge, it bugs me. =)

KJ-Starre said...

What a great idea! It is so much prettier than our, 'sticky putty on the wall' version, or a undecipherable pile on the fridge :o)

Ande said...

That is so cute. You are so creative.

Queen of Chaos said...

Very, very cool! I will totally make some for my kids. I'm tired of trying to peel off the left over stickiness of tape on my {used to be} NICE stainless steel fridge!

Queen of Chaos said...

BTW- how did you adhere the clothes pins? I'd worry they'd end up falling off.

shaina said...

I used elmers wood glue gel to adhere the clips. Very strong hold.

Chloe said...

Shaina, you have MADE my day. I wish that you lived closer and I could watch you make one but your pictures and instructions will have to suffice. I too hate the build-up of magnets and paper on our bulletin board and have been searching for a better alternative - this is IT. Watch out Michaels, here I come - I plan to tackle this THIS week! THank you!